In an increasingly dynamic world, Wolters Kluwer Legal and Regulatory connects legal and business communities with timely, specialized expertise and information-enabled solutions to support customers’ success through productivity, accuracy and mobility. Its major product lines include Aspen, CCH, Kluwer Law International, and MediRegs. Its markets include law firms, law schools, corporate counsel, organizations and professionals requiring legal and compliance information. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, a unit of Wolters Kluwer, is based in New York City and Riverwoods, IL.
The Author & Content Acquisitions Manager is responsible for seeking out, developing, and maintaining relationships with top content contributors in support of Wolters Kluwer portfolios that serve the U.S. legal and compliance markets. Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, this person will work closely with Editorial Directors, Product Managers, and others to identify current and future content requirements and needs across portfolios, and will recruit and engage the appropriate external contributors, building out an external contributor community. This person will work with in-house counsel to develop appropriate contract language and templates to meet the different contributor needs. Needs to be proactive, aggressive, and credible, exhibiting expertise in the legal domain and publishing technology in seeking out this high caliber talent we want for our contributor pool. This person will also work with Editorial Directors and Managers to operationalize contributor relationships where appropriate for standing updates and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify top talent across the legal and compliance domains that can provide top quality industry insights and strategic perspectives across the Legal & Regulatory U.S. suite of products.
• Recruit new, more relevant authors and contributors to provide frequent updates and other styles of writing to our traditional products, as we continue to transition to timelier, strategic and feature-rich analytical products.
• Frequently visit law firms and attend conferences and industry trade shows to stay abreast of emerging industry trends, developments, and thought leaders whom we may want to tap as contributors
• Look beyond existing product offerings and platforms to seek out and propose new, innovative and more engaging contributor models, business opportunities, and ideas that leverage emerging publishing trends, technology, and social media, such as blogs, RSS feeds, alerts, webinars, etc.
• Work closely with Editorial Directors to strategize and execute plans for using external contributors to meet current and future content requirements.
• Help to implement processes and best practices for acquiring practical content (checklists, sample forms, practice tips, commentary, etc.) from external sources.
• Collaborate with editorial colleagues to develop and maintain best practices for managing authors and the external contributor network as a whole.
• Develop and execute author and contributor recognition programs and events.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Law degree (JD or LL.M)
• Extensive experience in author recruitment and management preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience practicing in a large law firm (securities/corporate work a plus) OR 5+ years of online legal publishing industry experience
• Extensive experience in legal writing and research
• People management a plus, but not required
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Deep understanding of the legal domain and its thought leaders.
• Technologically savvy.
• Outstanding verbal communication skills
• Highly personable, collaborative and persuasive
• Excellent writing ability
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Entrepreneurial and creative
• Results-oriented; able to take concepts and ideas through from implementation to action
• Self-motivated with ability to work well independently
• Demonstrated capacity to learn and apply skills and knowledge to unique and varied situations
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer’s market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2014 annual revenues of €3.7 billion. The group serves customers in over 170 countries, and employs over 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on NYSE Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our products and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow @Wolters_Kluwer on Twitter, or search for Wolters Kluwer videos on YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (495) 4771.