The Category Manager LabSupply SSF will have a strategic focus in the suppliermanagement of key suppliers. Thissupplier network needs to be closely managed to deliver cost savings annuallythrough standardization, bundling, plus other cost reductions and innovativebenefits. This position leveragescategory management expertise to manage the purchases of goods and services,with the aim of achieving optimal total cost of ownership. The CategoryManager LabSupplySSF, provideslocal and regional end-to-end strategic solutions, integrated into the global strategicframework.
The position will need to:
Develop,lead and implement sourcing strategies for the LabSupply Category
- Lead cross-functional strategydevelopment team for LabSupply, using standard sourcing tools and processes
- Facilitatesenior level review and concurrence on sourcing strategies, includingsponsorship and resource allocations.
- Developtrusted and collaborative stakeholder relationships by meeting andcommunicating regularly
- Demonstrateconsultative behaviors with stakeholders so that this is the Procurement SPOCfor the stakeholder
- Develop an advanced understanding ofcategory subject matters which includes innovative technologies and solutions
- Analyze past and future demand volumes,inventory trends and current inventory levels
- Analyze Category and Supplier Spendhistory, trends and forecasts
- Translate business objectives intospecific category objectives
- Monitor strategy implementation andcontract compliance
- Uphold internal and externalpolicies, regulations and laws
Demonstrate advanced skills in pricinganalysis, modeling, purchase price cost analysis and identifying competitive
- Demonstrateadvanced industry knowledge and facilitation skills so that this role leads thenegotiations of contractual requirements that includes managing complexRFP/RFIs, making selection recommendations, managing the implementation phaseand adherence to contractual commitments
Achieveannual value improvements for the LabSupply Categoryin SSF
- Identify opportunities that focus oncost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry andsupply trends and shifts in technology
- Drive best practices and reductions inTotal Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Establish key performance metrics;measure and track overall performance
- Provide savings figures forincorporation into annual operating plans
- Develop strategies and executeproject-specific initiatives (e.g. Category Waves)
Not eligible for relocation
Who We Are
At Roche, 88,500 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare.
Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. A member of
the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 35 years,
using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The
headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on
the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech,
where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Who You Are
Develop an advantaged supplier network
- Develop detailed supplier knowledge, market data
- Monitor key Suppliers (earnings calls, SEC filings, RSS feeds, Alerts) to provide internal notifications to key stakeholders that includes developing risk mitigation scenarios
- Develop close, respectful relationships with key Supplier executives that are demanding yet fair as a customer by proactively managing supplier performance to drive continuous improvements.
Implement, execute or participate in Supplier Relationship Management programs
Management Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and develop the Category team for LabSupply in SSF, attract, and retain key talent and optimize their value contribution and develop their career paths
- Ensure adequate staffing and the development of the procurement professionals
- Create a working environment that encourages high performance, problem solving initiatives and creativity that adds value to the business
- Set, allocate and monitor project specific targets for Sourcing Managers
Is accountable for the procurement targets agreed by the Head of Research LabSupply Category
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button below.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page .