Atlanta, GA / REMOTE Work
eHire’s client, a 30 year veteran of the meetings & events business, has engaged eHire in a search for a Java Developer with strong knowledge of the traditional IBM stack. Our client is committed to perfecting the entire attendee experience, fostering satisfaction before, during and after an event. They accomplish this through pioneering technology for maximizing – and measuring – the value of these event outcomes.
The selected individual will be an integral part of our clients Technology group. He or she will impact the organization by providing development on all things related to their event management platform, while also engaging with the marketing teams and other groups, to ensure proper design and direction.
The selected individual will be working and collaborating with a remote team. This team is geographically distributed throughout the US, which makes this an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual who knows how to collaborate across long distances.
This position is designed for someone who wants to learn from industry professionals. Their development team is treated incredibly well, and with tenures averaging 15 to 17 years, you’ll be mentored by some of the sharpest minds in their industry
Background and Scope
The selected individuals will develop, modify and maintain applications, applets, portlets, skins, templates, RSS feeds, web services and other components used within our client’s core event platform. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the business team to fulfill their requests
- Working with the Quality Assurance and Site Operations teams to get our releases into production
- Stabilize our code / build / deployment
- Assist in production support and on-call duty as needed
- Providing recommendations on tools to monitor and support all environments and implement as necessary
- Making process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences
- Collaborating closely with and assisting Site Operation and Quality Assurance teams when required to ensure timely delivery of new systems, enhancements and bug fixes
- Takes ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and maintain unit tests for software components in development
- Participate in requirements gathering and definition efforts
- Provide accurate estimates in support of project planning efforts
- Respond quickly and effectively to bugs
- Maintain and develop expert knowledge of industry best practices
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- 7+ years of experience in core Java / J2EE Development
- Strong experience in the traditional IBM Stack
- Extensive experience with RAD (Rational App Developer) and Eclipse based IDE
- Experience with EJB version 3.x, dependency injection (DI), annotations, etc.)
- RESTful architectures and best practices
- API creation for mobile consumption
- RestFUL API experience
- Preferred experience includes:
- JSF – helpful for legacy
- JWT – JSON Web Token or similar approach to Token signing and verification
- i.e. complimentary concepts, OAuth 2, OpenID, etc.)
- SSO (Single sign on systems)
- Basic HTML / CSS / JS
- Experience with Notes / Domino
About Our Client
Since 1983, our client has been the global leader in marketing event management solutions. By focusing on driving revenue, not just controlling costs, the company has become a key partner for Fortune 500 companies. The company’s technology and service offerings encompass a range of tools and expert services designed to deliver key information to executives across a global event portfolio.
- Position Type: Direct Hire
- Compensation: Negotiable
- Reporting to: VP of Technical Services
- Work Style: Remote
- Other: MUST be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
eHire is founded on a simple idea: elevate recruiting to its highest level. We develop close relationships and are intricately woven into the technology community via our networks, community involvement, alliances and business partnerships.
Local Candidates Only
Must be Authorized to work in the US
Submit Profiles to Jobs@eHire.com