At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Field Marketing Department creates products and solutions to support studentspursuing careers in all areas of higher education. Field Marketing departments work increative and innovative ways to reach the customers that support our markets. Frommarketing (print & digital), to messaging to campaigns that support the launch of oursolutions – the Field Marketing team works hard to shape perception around our productsand solutions.
This Internship is an ideal opportunity for current college students looking for a challengeand a chance to build a career within sales and marketing. This is also a great chance tohave a direct impact on the very dynamic higher education industry.
1) Manage projects that may include acquiring customer information to update & improvedatabases, helping us further identify and understand our customer’s needs.
2) Think creatively and collaborate with the Sales and Marketing team on ways to leveragesocial media to more directly listen to & communicate with our customers.
3) Participate directly in activities that help us better identify & connect with our FieldMarketing customers. This includes instructors, students and internal sales representatives.
1) Marketing Research: research and plan the execution of new ways to reach or targetaudiences
2) Monitor and measure the effectiveness of and provide support for existing marketingcampaigns
3) Work with us to develop and maintaining Product Information Tools to help our users
Sample of specific Intern activities:
- Market Sizing Research for Top Accounts and enrollment lists
- Develop and/or update tools such as Hot Sheets, See-Sell Guides, At-A-Glance flyers, and othertools that support sales and marketing efforts across our Higher Education disciplines
- Social Media projects around key campaigns
- Build and maintain target lists of educators for surveys and involvement in focus groups/pilots
- Merging Market Reports, Identifying Learning Technology Specialists
- Working with Marketing Manager to develop and execute Direct Marketing Campaigns
- Data mining Projects for key markets
- Audit and enhance marketing copy in the e-catalog
- Develop and Implement Marketing campaigns for select summer opportunities
- Lead Student virtual focus group around digital solutions usage and how it is used
Required Soft skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong written, and oral communication skills
Ability to work well within a team
Strong work ethic
Required Technical skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Social networking aptitude (familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Flickr, Ning,Hootsuite, Pinterest, RSS feeds, Blogs, and Linked In)
Our ideal intern should have a positive attitude, be success driven, able to manage multipleprojects, and have a strong knowledge working knowledge of Microsoft Office, internetresearch and social media, and a passion for Marketing and/or Higher Education.
Must have a college graduation date between January 2015, and June 2017
Must have at least a 3.2 GPA
Must be able to commit to working 8-10 weeks between May 9, 2016, and August 26, 2016, up to 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day excluding a 1-hour meal period daily)
**Primary Location: ** US-OH-Columbus
**Work Locations: ** US-OH-Columbus-445 Hutchinson 445 Hutchinson Avenue Columbus 43235
**Job: ** Marketing
**Organization: ** North America
**Employee Status: ** Casual/Seasonal
**Job Type: ** Internship
**Shift: ** Day Job
**Job Posting: ** Apr 11, 2016