NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NBCUniversal’s NexTech opportunities give early career technologists real world experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies!
NexTech is a two year development program, which offers Associates the flexibility of working within one primary function while still being able to learn about different parts of the business. These positions will promote technical depth through our technical certification programs, mentorship and networking opportunities to help you jump start your career.
NBC News Group Technology – Digital Video
We seek an ambitious, adaptable, tenacious technologist to bring operational excellence and follow-through to our video solutions team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding, troubleshooting and improving workflows between Video transcoding, publishing, playback and syndication systems.
- Communicate complicated technical issues in a straightforward and concise manner.
- Use systems thinking to improve technical processes within a complex, fast-moving operational environment.
- Deliver end-to-end solutions for new business needs for digital video.
- Manage incidents to resolution.
NBCUniversal NexTech Associates must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (electrical engineering, computer science, or related major), or comparable work experience, will also consider military experience
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
Experience with integrated solutions for publishing, transcoding, streaming, hosting and monetizing video is ideal; related experience will also be considered. Expertise in computing and network systems, standards, applications and methodologies.
Technical skills the Associate will quickly need to develop are: Video encoding and streaming in all modern formats across desktop, mobile and OTT platforms; XML, MRSS, RSS, feeds and file deliver; network sniffers like Charles and other debug tools.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States and be willing work to within the New York City, Stamford, CT, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Seattle or Los Angeles areas
- Must be 18 years or older
Desire to learn quickly, work with others, and read and absorb technical documents and information quickly
- Passionate about staying current with technology changes and driving innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively as part of a project / program team and foster team cooperation
- Proven self-awareness in a variety of work environments
- Previous work experience in an office environment
- Previous media industry experience is a plus
- Ability to translate technical messages to non-technical audiences and vice-versa
- Ability to advocate for technical solutions to business decision-makers