This position supports the efforts of our Fortune 50 client. This industry leader in the technology sector has multiple complex construction projects underway, and has asked for our expertise in managing the procurement of large capital equipment critical to the function of these massive new buildings.
In addition to the general responsibilities and requirements stated below, this great opportunity requires specific experience purchasing capital equipment such as air handlers, chillers, switch gears, etc., together with experience working on-site of a large (100MM plus) construction project.
- Develop an advanced understanding of category subject matters
- Analyze Category and Supplier Spend history, trends and forecasts
- Demonstrate advanced skills in pricing analysis, modeling, purchase price cost analysis and identifying competitive benchmarks
- Develop collaborative stakeholder relationships by meeting and communicating regularly
- Demonstrate consultative behaviors with stakeholders so that this is the Procurement SPOC for the stakeholder
- Facilitate and manage cross-functional sourcing initiatives, including buy / rent / outsource
- Develop detailed supplier knowledge, market data, including financial performance
- Monitor key Suppliers (earnings calls, SEC filings, RSS feeds, Alerts) to provide internal notifications to key stakeholders that includes developing risk mitigation scenarios
- Develop close, respectful relationships with key Supplier executives that are demanding yet fair as a customer by proactively managing supplier performance to drive continuous improvements.
- Ensure Diversity Suppliers are included in sourcing events when applicable
- Implement and execute a Supplier Relationship Management program
- Document supply-chain for key goods and services
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology
- Develop cross-functional diverse sourcing strategies for assigned Spend categories, using standard sourcing tools and processes
- Facilitate senior level review and concurrence on sourcing strategies, including sponsorship and resource allocations
- Demonstrate advanced industry knowledge and facilitation skills so that this role leads the negotiations of contractual requirements that includes managing complex RFP/RFIs, making selection recommendations, managing the implementation phase and adherence to contractual commitments
- Exhibit and act with integrity by maintaining compliance with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control an annual spend program commensurate with the project
- Thorough knowledge of diverse businesses, markets, industries, and clients
- Demonstrated skills in building strong cross-functional relationships so that the team reaches alignment
- Prior success in establishing and building successful supplier relationships
- Demonstrated skill in planning, leading and structuring negotiations
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- History of success in controlling significant direct and indirect spend
- Expertise in developing risk analysis, total cost analysis and financial modeling
- Strong change management skills, as well as versatility in responding to change
- Demonstrated strategic agility with ability to take a process or project into implementation
- CPM, APICS certification or equivalent preferred
- Proficiency and experience with advanced strategic procurement methodologies and sourcing approaches and techniques
- Project management / Program management: Demonstrated ability in leading complex projects to successful and on-time completion
- Demonstrates solid business acumen with experience in multiple business sectors
- Risk and financial analysis skills and the ability to interpret and utilize key financial data
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication, influencing and persuasion skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and proactive approach that is results focused
At Currie & Brown you will join a dynamic team working on high-visibility projects for Fortune 500 companies. With our global presence, expansive market portfolio, and career advancement potential from within, the opportunities to make your impact are unlimited!
If you are interested in working for a company that has a network of offices around the world, offers a mixture of project types, fosters a compassionate culture for employees, and is committed to your personal and professional growth, consider Currie & Brown for the next step on your career path.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, flexible spending, 401(k) match and a generous paid time off.
Currie & brown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, including a list of current employment opportunities, please visit: www.curriebrown.com