JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Events and Projects Coordinates projects and events related to activities of the Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship. Responsibilities include:
1) Coordinating recurring Energy Balance Center events, such as monthly Energy Balance Research Seminar, advisory committee meetings, by reserving room, ordering catering, preparing agenda, preparing advertising materials if necessary, recording meeting minutes.
2) Coordinating special events, such as retreats or guest lectures, by facilitating the planning and execution of all logistics, including preparing agendas, arranging meetings, catering and audiovisual. Assists in preparation of special project materials/booklets as required.
3) Coordinate all travel activities for speakers including lodging, airlines reservations, and reimbursements requests utilizing institutional on-line travel data base.
Faculty, Center Trainees, and Staff Support Coordinates faculty, center trainees, and staff schedule and documentation related to activities of the Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship. Responsibilities include:
1) Coordinating all aspects of faculty, center trainees, and staff schedule, travel arrangements and reimbursements.
2) Coordinate all travel activities including registration, lodging, airlines reservations, and reimbursements requests utilizing institutional on-line travel data base.
3) Maintain calendar for daily schedules, monthly, and yearly commitments and communicate leave time with administration, research team, and faculty.
4) Schedules meetings with multiple attendees, maintains invitee responses, and provides reminders to ensure appropriate attendance at meetings, prepares agendas, and prepares meeting documentation.
5) Generate, revise, and update support/reference material for center director, center trainees, and staff. Maintain revisions to professional documents, bibliographic libraries, and grant-related documentation.
Project Coordination Project coordination related to the Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship. Responsibilities include:
1) Developing and determining priorities and monitoring status of special projects for faculty.
2) Facilitating all components necessary for project initiation, implementations, and completion.
3) Preparing presentations, spreadsheets and reports for Center Director.
4) Maintaining documentation regarding Center achievements and activities.
5) Utilizing MS Project or project management software to assist in management of center activities, tasks, and goals.
6) Provides weekly updates to Program Manager and Center Director related to Center tasks and activities.
Assists with Presentations, Posters and Reports Assists with presentations, posters and reports related to the Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship. Responsibilities include:
Assisting with presentation/poster/report preparation.
Creating graphical slide presentations and posters.
Center Communications Facilitating communications related to activities of the Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship. Responsibilities include:
1) Maintaining current content for center website, updates social media outlets according to timeline specified by center management, develops new content for website and social media, developing and managing RSS feeds, identifying appropriate website content, working with MD Anderson Internet Services and External Communications, and participating in division level communication efforts to ensure that all MD Anderson guidelines are followed.
2) Identifying and communicating with Energy Balance researchers within and outside of MD Anderson
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in public health or related field.
Required: Three years project/program coordination experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience or completed years of college on a one to one basis. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
Preferred: Experience with event planning, program coordination and preparing presentations and program communication.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html