has an exciting opportunity for a
Seed Production Technician
Dow AgroSciences LLC, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, is a top-tier agricultural company that combines the power of science and technology with the “Human Element” to constantly improve what is essential to human progress. Dow AgroSciences provides innovative technologies for crop protection, pest and vegetation management, seeds, traits, and agricultural biotechnology to serve the world’s growing population. Global sales for Dow AgroSciences, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company, are $4.5 billion.
Mycogen Seeds, a wholly-owned affiliate of Dow AgroSciences, is seeking to find a talented Production Technician. Production Technicians are involved in all areas of seed production within our Pontiac parent seeds operations facility growing location. This may include crop production, planting, harvesting, conditioning, packaging, warehousing, quality control, and maintenance. Our Production Technicians are key members of our team and ensure the highest levels of safety of our operations. In addition, our Production Technicians are key to ensuring the highest level of quality products for our customers. In this position, you will work closely with and support other on-site personnel in an effort to continuously improve our processes and consistently establish the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability.
- Corn and Sunflower Production: overseeing crop activities including planting through harvest.
- Conditioning and packaging: seed sizing, cleaning, treatment application and quality control, packaging, labeling and tagging seed, re-bag processed lots.
- Warehousing and distribution: organizing, moving and placing seed into storage, maintaining inventory accuracy utilizing electronic inventory systems, stage seed for shipment to other warehouses and customers, receive seed from other warehouses.
- Maintenance: responsible for preventive maintenance of equipment in assigned areas.
- Continuous Improvement: Writing and updating job procedures, assisting in the training of new employees, and participating on continuous improvement teams.
- Ability to work in field and warehouse conditions, with exposure to seasonal environment.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts as required with seasonal demands.
- Ability to perform physical labor, to include lifting 50 lbs. Must successfully complete physical capabilities exam (lifting 50 lbs.) as required.
- Must be proficient with computers, able to use Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Prior production/manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, be coachable, meet deadlines, pay close attention to detail, and fully embrace safety and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Current, valid driver’s license for the state of Illinois.
- Candidate must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to acquire an Illinois Commercial Not-For-Hire Applicator License within the first year of employment.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Prior experience in agriculture or operating agriculture machinery.
- Prior seeds production experience.
- Mechanical abilities, able to operate and trouble shoot equipment.
- Certified Crop Advisor.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) or ability to obtain.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Associate or higher degree is preferred.
discovers, develops, and brings to market crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions for the growing world. Based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $7.3 billion in 2014. Learn more at
. Follow Dow AgroSciences on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+, or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at
, you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
Dow AgroSciences Offers:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company.
- Employee stock ownership – and the commitment to long-term success that it brings.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment.
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.