The Dean of the College has primary responsibility for undergraduate education, including oversight of the undergraduate curriculum, administration of a number of special programs, and responsibility for the academic advising and academic progress of all undergraduate students.
The Dean has oversight responsibility for the offices of the Registrar, Admission, Undergraduate Financial Aid, the Office of International Programs, the McGraw Center for Teaching and Learning, the Princeton Writing Program, Health Professions Advising, the Community-Based Learning Initiative, the Program in Teacher Preparation, the Office of Undergraduate Research and the residential colleges. This position supports all these areas except for the Registrar, Admission and the Writing Program.
The Senior Web Developer reports to the Senior IT Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and Maintains Web and Custom Applications
Manages all phases of the development of custom applications including requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing and deployment; ensures that user’s specifications are well documented and kept current at all time. In this role, the Senior Web Developer:
– Meets and collaborates with client groups (deans’ offices and residential college’s staff) to assess their business needs and the scope of application development projects
– Analyzes functional and aesthetic requirements, defines scope of estimated efforts
– Designs and develops applications including coding, testing, debugging and completing full documentation within project timeline
– Researches, tests and recommends new web technologies and functionalities; this may include upgrading existing modules and enabling websites for mobile technology
– Performs regular site maintenance, including updating content and format and identifying outdated tools; keeps current documentation for applications and systems
– Advises on website best practices including templates, backup, security and analytics
– Works with Princeton’s Office of Communications to ensure compliance with University standards
– Assists in the transition of web content from Roxen to Drupal
2. Provides Information Technology Support
– Identifies and implements software and systems to improve work flow and business processes
– Enables content integration between multiple applications; between customs applications and enterprise systems such as PeopleSoft
– Develops, supports and maintains software applications using PHP, MySQL, MS Access, Drupal, HTML5, XML, CSS, and associated technologies; archives website data
– Creates custom queries from different data sources including PeopleSoft query
– Assists in the development and upkeep of system security
– Manages multiple technology projects using current project management methodologies, and producing timely and concise written and verbal status reports
– Maintains internal and external technical documentation with other Client Systems Support staff utilizing SharePoint
– Assists in the selection of new systems or technology tools
– Attends training/meetings opportunities provided by the SCAD/DCS program, including monthly SCAD meetings
3. Manages other special projects as assigned.
In addition to working with individuals at all levels within ODOC, this role will interact with the Office of Information Technology as well as a network of technology staff across campus.
The Senior Web Developer must be able to balance a heavy workload and work effectively under pressure to complete time sensitive projects. The successful candidate must be flexible and adaptive to the evolving needs of the Office of the Dean of the College; able to collaborate, build relationships with all constituents and establish credibility.
This position is charged with analysis and development of technology tools to improve business effectiveness. The successful candidate must possess:
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent related experience
– Minimum of five years of IT experience as application programmer or web developer with proficiency in writing source code and automation scripts; familiarity with Drupal is preferable
– Proficiency with software and systems listed under position responsibilities
– Proficiency with data manipulation/query writing/systems solutions/process improvement
– Experience using browser debugging tools
– Good understanding of web standards
– Exemplary attitude, customer service and interpersonal skills
– Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
– Ability to work independently while also collaborate with others
– Ability to complete complex assignments quickly and with a high degree of quality and accuracy, respond with appropriate urgency to situations that arise, and solve problems proactively and efficiently
– Ability to write and communicate clearly
– Ability to anticipate demands, make quick decisions and act with poise under pressure
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Ability to work with OIT, ITSM consultants and process owners as directed by the Senior IT manager
– Certification in windows and Mac
– Web developer certification in specialized coding
– Minimum of five years of IT experience as application programmer or web developer with proficiency in writing source code and automation scripts
– Experience in system administration
– Experience with PeopleSoft ERP
– Familiarity with ITIL or similar practices for managing IT services
– Expertise with service request tracking systems such as ServiceNow or Online Problem Management (OPM)
– Web 2.0 skills centered around social media such as Twitter, RSS Feed, Kaltura videos, podcasts, and other technologies which may be embedded in local applications
– Ability to lift 50 lbs., twist, bend, and work in awkward positions and possess a valid driver’s license
– Experience with Drupal is preferred
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check and post-offer pre-employment physical successfully.