“Why choose Penn Medicine?
As a professional, you are seeking to join one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers, servicing patients from all over the world. Penn Medicine believes that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees! Our campus’ offer tobacco free environments and our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. Employees who certify that they do not use tobacco products are eligible to receive an Earned Premium Discount on the cost of their medical benefits. Penn Medicine has been awarded several national healthcare quality awards and we seek employees who are engaged and excited about our mission of continued service excellence and ongoing professional development.
We believe that your life will be enriched should you become a Penn Medicine employee and we thank you for your interest in our organization.”
The Web User Interface Designer is responsible for web UX/UI design and development for various website and email marketing projects.
This individual works closely with project managers and marketing team members to design and develop rich online user experiences. This role is responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure, supporting the implementation of a Sitecore CMS and recommending the development of emerging web design and development best practices to meet various marketing and business goals.
The Web User Interface Designer must have an ability to learn quickly and have a keen eye for detail.
Web Sites and Landing Pages:
- Participate in development projects for the Penn Medicine website, both large-scale and small-scale, throughout the various phases of the project life cycle
- Hand code HTML/DHTML/XHTML/XML/CSS pages
- Design and code web page template prototypes to be integrated by back-end developer into Sitecore CMS. Prototypes will be built to insure resulting web pages to be W3C compliant, semantically marked-up and responsive
- Build customized user interfaces based on keen understanding of inheritance, hierarchy and template system
- Design and code for cross-browser (including mobile) compatibility in a graded browser support environment, with an emphasis on the ability to support older browsers (including IE back to version 7)
- Create design comps for HTML email messages
- Produce HTML email from design comps, ensuring exceptionally high quality
- Ensure rendering consistency of email campaigns across multiple clients (Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook etc.) and browsers
- Work effectively and efficiently with the project managers, web developers, QA testers and other designers
- Understand technical and functional design requirements
- Work with marketing and web team and to build and refine graphic designs for websites
- Keep in tune with client’s market-share and position in search engines and portals
- Share knowledge of new technologies with the team and facilitate the implementation of such technologies across projects.
- Assess new initiatives to determine the work effort and estimate the necessary time-to-completion
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Work with the team, along with software engineers, designers, and quality analysts, to carry out unit testing of new development.
Essential Skills and Experience (All are Required)
- BS in computer science, graphic design, a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience designing web user experiences/interfaces
- 3+ years experience hand coding HTML5/XHTML/XML/CSS
- 3+ years experience using Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s)
- Expertise in jQuery development
- Ability to produce W3C compliant, accessible, and semantic mark-up
- Experience designing and coding responsive web sites
- Experience with various web standards
- Knowledge of code optimization for page speed performance and SEO optimization
- Strong attention to detail and desire for quality
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
Additional Skill and Experience
- Some knowledge of .NET and an understanding of classes and inheritance as well as the principles of code-reuse in object-oriented programming a plus
- Experience with microformats (Schema.org and Open Graph protocols) preferred
- Experience with RSS feed development and distribution preferred
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine’s Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
Meet a Penn Medicine Web Developer!
“At Penn Medicine, you will enjoy the camaraderie and support that you will experience at our prestigious institution. As a recipient of the Philadelphia Business journal’s healthiest employer award, we continue our commitment to help our employees maintain healthy lifestyles. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest pre paid tuition assistance programs in the region.
Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.