Building a flexible career involves many different pieces.
From understanding where to find flexible jobs to knowing how to answer specific work flexibility interview questions, creating this type of career requires direction.
In the first course, “Building a Flexible Career,” you’ll find a five-part video chock-full of great information. Brie Reynolds, FlexJobs’ senior career specialist and career coach, will take you through each of the following sections.
Building a Flexible Career: Course Content
The chapters of this video course include:
- Exploring the Flexible Job Market (What is a flexible job and what are the most common?)
- Is Flexible Work Right for You? (The benefits and challenges and how to build the right skills)
- Building Flexibility into Your Current Job (How to ask your employer for flexibility)
- Where to Look for a Flexible Job (Online resources and avoiding scams)
- Be a Great Candidate for a Flexible Job (Building your resume and how to interview)
Each chapter contains a short quiz to test your knowledge on what you just learned. You can also participate in the Q&A section where you can ask questions and share knowledge with others taking the course.
Building a Flexible Career: Course Objectives
At the end of the course, you can expect to:
- Recognize how common flexible jobs are in the economy.
- Identify what area is leading the economy in flexible jobs.
- Recall what you should do before talking with your manager about flexible work opportunities.
- Explain the problem with using the key phrase “work from home” when searching for jobs online.
- Identify when during the interview process you should explore the possibility of flexible work.
Beginning your flexible work career doesn’t have to be a lonely process. Let FlexJobs help you break into the market and build a career that fits into your life.
Photo Credit: bigstockphoto.com
Tags: job search advice
Leave a Comment
We’d love to hear your thoughts and questions. Please leave a comment below!
All fields are required.