Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wider variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Commercial Project Manager (CPM) / Project Controller to be responsible for commercial aspects related to customer contracts—from the sales phase to execution to project completion. Responsibilities encompass sales controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting, and reporting. The CPM supports the Project Manager in all other areas where a takeover of responsibilities is decided and/or a useful contribution. The CPM will partner with Customers, Suppliers, Project Managers/ Engineers, Sales, Procurement, Legal, other Commercial Project Managers, regional and national Finance colleagues, and internal and external Auditors-as well as the Siemens Financial Services Division (the Siemens entity that offers financing solutions to clients).
- Ensure compliance with Levels of Authority approval guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process.
- Ensure quality of all commercial and administrational project policies per Siemens guidelines.
- Ensure an adequate handover phase, analyze customer requirements, and examine their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability.
- Ensure proper financial project set-up including work breakdown structure (WBS) in line with agreed project budget and company internal contractual arrangements.
- Support the Project Manager in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets, and financing instruments).
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, reconciliation of project cash flow, and constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP back-end and specific front-end tools in SI RSS: PMCT).
- Set up financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Set up and closely monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, like export control, signature authorities.
- Support the responsible Project Manager on change management issues (variations) relating to the scope of the project. Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM@Siemens Guidelines.
- Support the Project Manager in identifying, evaluating, and assessing risks & opportunities, strategies, and response activities. Constantly assess risks& opportunities and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin while proposing measures to prevent negative margin slippage due to risks that could have been avoided.
- Implement and drive measures together with the Project Manager to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claims and variation management. Support Project Manager to ensure Project Quality based on Siemens guidelines and achievement of project goals.
- Support Project Manager in the timely issuing of invoices with a strong focus on managing Account Receivables and project cash flow.
- Drive Procurement together with the Project Manager by involving the responsible purchasing representative to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
- Ensure consistent terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in line with the end-customer contract.
- Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
- Actively communicate with customers’ commercial representatives and manage resolution of commercial issues.
- Influence team to take positive action and assume accountability for assigned work.
- Regularly perform lessons-learned activities on commercial aspects and feed results into own project lessons-learned activities and into own organization.
- Drive interpersonal relationships, foster effective communication, and manage conflicts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Required travel: 25%
- Required experience: 7+ years of work experience in commercial project controlling and/or project controlling, especially with large, complex projects.
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Other preferences:
- Certified Public Accountant certificate.
- Proficiency with related SAP modules.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.