Under general supervision, assists in the production of numerous internal and external communication vehicles including newsletters, email communications, presentations, websites, social media, press releases, podcasts and more to maintain a favorable public image for the organization.
- Defines communication needs, develops detailed communication plans, and leads execution of plans.
- Duties include copy writing, editing, and proofing content, managing social media accounts, updating web pages, preparing content for online and research publication and uses email management, online surveys, and digital asset management platforms.
- Supports project coordination and daily workflows by engaging with cross-functional teams.
- Assists in the production, management, evaluation of communications for UT Health San Antonio community.
- Prepares communications, often with quick turnaround, for department.
- Effectively integrates and executes messaging and cadence of communications for multiple strategies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, PR, Communications or equivalent is required, a bachelor’s degree in public health, technical writing, sociology, political science, environmental science, or a related field in the sciences or humanities will be considered.
- Two (2) years related experience in communications is required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge and/or strong interest in health awareness, health disparities, environmental health, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication/journalism skills, especially in writing for news media, blogs and social media, conducting interviews in person or by phone, and conducting public relations-type activities, alongside demonstrated skills in writing, editing, proofing, and ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, digital, and video formats.
- Functional knowledge and personal experience with WordPress.
- Proficiency in navigating the Internet and utilizing Internet-mining tools (RSS feed readers, etc.) and social media networks (Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and also the latest platforms).
- Some experience in the field of public health and the sciences, especially in the areas of technical and scientific manuscript, grant, and abstract production.
- Experience leading or being part of a team of writers, curators, social media content makers or marketers.
- Experience utilizing the latest tools to measure the impact of digital content, webpages, and social media; particularly with WordPress, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Symplur Signals, and native metrics on Facebook, IG, etc.Some experience with data visualization, graphic design, and audio production software (e.g., Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Premier) to create graphics, infographics, short videos, and podcasts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including creating slides in PowerPoint, WordPress, and various web/e-communications programs (e.g., mass email systems, etc.).