Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
As Podcast Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in Discovery’s newly established podcast department, reporting to the Director of Podcasts. The podcast department supports podcasts produced by a wide variety of Discovery brands, including as ID, Food Network, HGTV, and TLC, as well as podcasts adjacent to discovery+, our flagship streaming service. The right person for this role is passionate about podcasts, highly organized, and hungry to learn.
This position can sit in any of our US offices.
1. Support the day-to-day operations of the central podcast team, contributing as needed to all podcasting functions including strategy, distribution, marketing, and monetization
2. Develop an integrated view of the podcast programming schedule and collaborate with a wide group of stakeholders across the DTC and network teams to support their portfolio of shows
3. Maintain each show’s RSS feed to ensure all content (both editorial and ads) are uploaded to the hosting platform on-time and error-free
4. Coordinate podcast marketing initiatives such as cross-promos, feed drops, and ad buys by working with key internal and external stakeholders
5. Conduct market and competitive research to deepen industry knowledge and alert stakeholders of notable trends
6. Organize and maintain our podcast production knowledge center, ensuring all data is current and accurate, and share updates with internal partners
7. Participate in projects and initiatives to improves podcast processes and drive efficiency
8. Perform other related duties as assigned, which may become essential to the position
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and hands-on experience
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience, at an agency, production company, or streaming/ technology company preferred
- Understanding of and passion for podcasts from a technical, analytical, and strategic point of view, as well as subjective point of view
- Extraordinary attention to detail and ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Proven ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in an evolving and fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be articulate and professional in both written and verbal forms
- Accomplished computer skills, especially with the Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, and Docs) as well as Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Comfortable in ambiguity and effective operating in a matrixed organization
- Collaborative, curious, resourceful
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.