Midwest Tape is a library-dedicated full-service media distributor providing physical and digital media to thousands of libraries across North America. We are strong believers in continually innovating to better serve our customers and deliver the best experience possible for the staff and patrons of public libraries. Our International Headquarters is located in Holland, Ohio at the facility that we built in 2016, to house our distribution center and support teams for Midwest Tape, hoopla digital, the fastest growing app serving libraries and Dreamscape Publishing, the Library-First publisher of Audiobooks and Video. As we build our team to support the ongoing growth of our business, we are looking for enthusiastic team players dedicated to delivering best-in-class service for our library customers and their patrons.
- Monday-Friday 8:30a-5:00pm, onsite within a clean, safe environment with Covid-19 Safety Protocols in place
- Paid Vacation, Personal, and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k, 401k Match, and Profit Sharing
- Company Bonus and Holiday Bonus
Responsible for contacting new digital library customers, setting up their accounts and providing ongoing customer support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must fulfill the knowledge, skill, and/or ability requirements listed below.
1. Provide new customers with all on-boarding and start-up support. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintain a list of customer contacts
- Obtaining, modifying and loading customer artwork
- Setting up customer RSS feeds
- Provide initial customer account setup assistance and walk-through
- Review budget control options with the customer
- Answer customer questions regarding account setup and maintenance
- Initiate follow-up communications after the initial setup
2. Answer customers’ questions about the general platform, applications, websites, supported devices, content, etc.
3. Effectively communicate with other digital staff and sales reps
4. Maintain an ongoing list of all customer concerns, problems, suggestions and opportunities for improvement.
5. Prioritize identified concerns and improvement opportunities and forward to the appropriate personnel for corrective action.
6. Identify customers’ specific needs and recommend the best total solution for that customer.
7. Provide ongoing support by phone and email.
8. Review and compile comments, concerns and suggestions from social media communications.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, have excellent organization and excellent follow-up skills.
- Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must be able to work independently while being an active member of a team.
- Basic Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Photoshop
- Have the ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and operating manuals
- Must be an active listener – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
Preferred Education Requirements:
Note: Possession of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required for all new hires in all positions
- College education in related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years previous inside sales or customer service experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to walk or stand frequently for short periods of time.
- Ability to regularly sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, twist, stoop, and crouch.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive type tasks
- Must be able to view computer screen for long periods of time daily.