GroupSense is a fast-growing cyber reconnaissance company. Our team members are motivated and dedicated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. We face challenges together and we win together, delivering world-class services and transforming the way cyber counter threat intelligence is delivered and put into action. We are trusted by enterprises and governments worldwide to assist in cyber intel program development, election monitoring, anti-fraud and risk mitigation measures.
Position: Cyber Intelligence Analyst Contractor – Chinese Language Skills
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston Metro)
In this role, you will be a part of a mission to protect businesses, organizations and governmental bodies from targeted cyber threats. You will need to quickly understand client needs and concerns. You will actively conduct research and reconnaissance to identify real-world threats to our clients.
If you are passionate about helping clients and looking to make a real difference every day, we would like to speak with you.
- Conduct research of Chinese social media, telecommunications platforms, and other OSINT
- Actively engage with the product team to improve GroupSense intelligence products and platforms
- Research and analyze content from various social networking sites and platforms on the deep, dark and open net
- Understand customer priority intelligence requirements and collect information based on those requirements
- Write high quality tactical and strategic assessments to inform client decision making process
- Support fast-paced intelligence engagements and production with timely review of internal datasets and external data sources to produce written intelligence reports quickly and accurately
- Modern, friendly and flexible work environment, or remote work if desired.
- Opportunity to publish content
- United States work authorization
- Eligible to obtain a Public Trust and/or Secret Security Clearance (US citizenship required)
- Pass background investigation
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated, driven, strong work ethic
- Able to work with little direct oversight
- Excellent organizational skills; able to actively track and prioritize issues and inquiries in a fast-paced, client focused environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical details in a clear, concise and comprehensible manner
- Working Mandarin language proficiency (Cantonese a plus) with knowledge of Chinese culture, social media, and governance
Required Technical Qualifications
- Knowledgeable in at least six of the following concepts: analytic tradecraft standards, cyber kill chain, diamond model, advanced persistent threat, cybercrime, hacktivism, cyber fraud, malware and ransomware, social engineering, incident response, threat intelligence, and host and network-based security
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work/education experience (preferred degrees: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, Mathematics)
- 3-6 years of professional experience in a technical, research or analytical position
- 3+ years experience working in intelligence or cyber security specifically
- Operate semi-autonomously to conduct collection, create solutions and support intelligence production following standard operating procedures and operational security protocols
- Expertise with networking; Unix/Linux, Mac & Windows operating systems and the ways in which they are attacked
- Familiarity with industry-standard classification schemes (CVE, CVSS, CWE, CPE, CAPEC)
- Familiarity with internet protocols, services and technologies (HTTP/S, DNS, SMTP, SSH, LDAP, TCP/IP, ICMP, JSON, REST)
- Experience in pattern and trend analytical techniques and analytical platforms
- Significant knowledge of open source intelligence and active threat hunting, including the ability to identify, collect, aggregate and analyze OSINT including, but not limited to, DNS, WHOIS, document exposure, app stores, blogs, RSS feeds, paste sites, chans and blogs
- Good understanding of malicious software and applications, including exploits and vulnerabilities
- Deep understanding of social media, including the collection and analysis skills required to identify and detect phishing attacks
- Strong skills in tactical, operational, and strategic level cyber threat intelligence
- Ability to protect yourself and your organization from online and dark web threats
- Ability to infiltrate and collect data from closed forums and marketplaces
- Ability to crawl/scan dark nets such as Tor, I2P and IRC
- Experience refining source information and raw data into intelligence products.
Preferred Technical Qualifications (not required)
- Software development, scripting, and database skills
- Experience in a cyber and/or physical threat intelligence organization (military, government or commercial)
- Experience with systems engineering, software development, TCP/IP network administration or designing and building analyst programs
- Experience with source coding practices, patch management, vulnerability analysis, IDS/IPS and malware analysis
GroupSense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. GroupSense does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- intelligence/cyber security: 3 years (Required)
- Arlington, VA (Preferred)