At Varen, our performance is measured by the success of our clients, and our reputation for service, superior quality, objectivity, integrity and results. Our reputation is everything to us as we are committed to being a trusted adviser to our nation’s decision makers in a day in age that demands acute attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Varen is seeking to add the sharpest technical professionals who share our passion for ensuring the mission success of our customers at all times.
This is an opportunity to support data engineering activities on some of the most mission-driven projects in the industry. Driving counter threat efforts, you’ll have the chance to build out ETL pipelines, write custom code, interface with data stores, perform data ingestion, and build data models. From performing analytical exploration and examination of data to leading the assessment, design, building, and maintenance of scalable platforms, you’ll guide your clients to solve their most pressing challenges.
- 2+ years of experience with Java
- 1+ years of experience with a streaming data framework, including Apache Kafka
- 1+ years of experience with ETL development and processes from diverse data sources
- 1+ years of experience with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of data mappings, workflows, and processes
- 1+ years of experience in working with Relational Databases
- Experience with data feed types, including RSS, SOAP, and REST
- Experience with data modeling concepts
- Experience with XML and TXT transformations, including writing and applying XSLT to transform data
- Experience with Apache Kafka, NiFi, Airflow, PostgreSQL, Pentaho Data Integration, Accumulo, Solr, Elastic Stack, Firefox, Chromium, or Kubernetes
- Experience with DoD or IC clients
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with web scraping, including Document Object Model (DOM) exploration
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process, including Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to map and document needed data elements in multiple databases to aggregate them under one schema
- Database Administration, ETL, or Business Intelligence-related Certification
- DoD 8570 Compliance Certification, including Security+ Certification
Varen Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants receive lawful consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.