About the role
Come join a company that has been growing rapidly and outperforming the market segment over the last 5 years. G6 Hospitality, which represents the Motel 6 and Studio 6 brand has initiated a system-wide renovation effort, invested in technology and has expanded globally. Specifically, within Digital / eCommerce teams we have recently made new investments in technology to better support our team members and put a greater focus on automation and driving efficiencies.
What you will be doing
This position maximizes hotel occupancy by the optimization of internal and third-party OTA data distribution. You will be responsible for supporting the G6 Hospitality network of properties by maintaining data content in our CRS/RSS, Lanyon and other various third-party OTA sites. This position plays an active role in maintenance of quality assurance and implementation of new property builds toward meeting company specific sales and operational strategies and tactics.
This individual contributor role requires very strong attention to detail, as inaccurate information about our properties would have very negative consequences. We find that it is very difficult to be successful in this role without proficiency in MS Office suite of products, business enterprise software and Central Res systems experience.
The “top six @6“
- Implements new property builds and openings in CRS/RSS, Lanyon, 3rd party OTA sites and other proprietary databases that distribute content on behalf of the property.
- Generates, tracks updates progression on property builds and keeps all status up to date while responding to property, FOS’s and opening team’s request in a timely professional manner.
- Is the administrator for property builds and maintains updates in the CRS/RSS (Central Reservation System) and Lanyon; this includes creating property profiles which feed content to our OTA partners and performs quality assurance checks for the delivery of data being distributed across the web and any other proprietary information.
- Maintains minimum content score/production score by completing assigned task and requested updates within assigned timeframe.
- Provides support and direction in the delivery of content to 3rd party OTA and proprietary data to various distribution channels.
- Reviews historical CRS/RSS data and provides proactive assistance and feedback to Property Managers, Area Managers, and Franchise Operations Directors on updates for fresh content which helps in reaching maximum occupancy and competitive placement within their market and segment.
What we are searching for
In addition to having a “Heart for Service” and the specific experiences and qualifications listed below, here’s what we think will make someone successful as an eCommerce Database Specialist:
- Read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other Team Members
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other Team Members
- Multi-task and prioritize workload with the ability to communicate any adjustments to meet service levels.
- Work within the appropriate level of independence
- If applicable, ability to travel for meetings with customers, vendors, other Team Members, and/or other business necessities
- Strong written skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate to multiple levels of management.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision effectively communicates when adjustments are needed to meet required deadlines.
- Must have great initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Must be an organized individual with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver critical components with tight timeframes.
We feel the successful candidate has these qualifications and experience:
- Previous CRS/Database experience required. Skills working within multiple DBMS (Database Management Systems) simultaneously are a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Working within a Database system is a plus.
What it’s like at G6
At G6 Hospitality our Team Members……
- Explore a fulfilling career path full of possibilities
- Learn from the best and brightest people in the hospitality industry
- Connect with the community, employees and leadership
- Are authentic and are appreciated for who they are
- Smile and have someone smile back at them
What will you have room to do?
To apply, please e-mail your resume firstname.lastname@example.org