Serve as a data acquisition engineer performing Extract Transform Load (ETL) and work through complex problems with great attention to detail. Perform as a part of a team created to develop workflows to acquire data, analyze, manage, maintain, and evaluate state-of-the-art extraction, transforming, and loading capabilities to maintain a timely data corpus. Determine data ingest quality issues and propose recommendations for their elimination. Assist with the formulation of data ingest processes. Provide subject matter support to provision IT and ETL.
- 2 years of experience with Java
- 1 year of experience with a streaming data framework, including Apache Kafka
- 1 year of experience with ETL development and processes from diverse data sources
- 1 year of experience with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of data mappings, work-flows, and processes
- 1 year of experience in working with Relational Databases
- Experience with a variety of data feed types, including RSS, SOAP, and REST
- Experience with data modeling concepts
- TS/SCI clearance required
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with XML and TXT transformations, including writing and applying XSLT to transform data
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Apache Kafka, NiFi, Airflow, PostgreSQL, Pentaho Data Integration, Accumulo, Solr, Elastic Stack, Firefox, Chromium, or Kubernetes
- Experience with DoD or IC clients
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with web scraping, including Document Object Model (DOM) exploration
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process, including Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to map and document needed data elements in multiple databases to aggregate them under one schema
- BA or BS degree
- Database Administration, ETL, or Business Intelligence-related Certifications
- DoDD 8570 Compliance Certification, including Security+
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.