Intelligent Waves, a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), requires an ETL Developer/Data Ingestion Engineer, to support the MIT Program. The ETL Developer/Data Ingestion Engineer will support the integration of people, processes, and technology to facilitate the exchange of operationally relevant information.
Location: This position is based in Reston, VA
Travel: Minimal travel is expected (for contingency and surge operations) and will be reimbursed based on IW policy, GSA Per Diem rates, and DoD Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) as required.
Schedule: Will work as part of an overall team to provide needed coverage and support according to mission schedules.
Security Clearance: Must be a United States Citizen and hold a current Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility.
The problem facing the intelligence community (IC) and DoD is no longer how to get more data – it’s understanding how to turn the data they have into answers. If you have strong analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset, you’ll have an opportunity to use those skills to directly support our warfighters.
With critical thinking and flexibility, you’ll work closely with end-users across the DoD, intelligence community (IC), and development teams to create innovative applications that address an unconventional warfare client’s highly technical and complex problems using the latest tools, technologies, and frameworks to enable intelligence analysts to better sift through the plethora of raw data and turn them into valuable intelligence. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, DTRA is the DoD’s enduring quick-reaction capability for rapid capability development and delivery to proactively adapt to emergent improvised threats. If you love being hands-on and in the weeds, the team operates as a very flat organization, working collaboratively across the whole organization to pioneer the way forward in the realities of today’s battlefield.
- Serve as a data acquisition engineer performing Extract Transform Load (ETL) and work through complex problems with great attention to detail.
- Perform as a part of a team created to develop workflows to acquire data, analyze, manage, maintain, and evaluate state-of-the-art extraction, transforming, and loading capabilities to maintain a timely data corpus.
- Determine data ingest quality issues and propose recommendations for their elimination. Assist with the formulation of data ingest processes.
- Provide subject matter support to provide IT and ETL.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree preferred
- HS diploma or GED
- TS/SCI clearance required
- 2+ years of experience with Java
- 1+ years of experience with a streaming data framework, including Apache Kafka
- 1+ years of experience with ETL development and processes from diverse data sources
- 1+ years of experience with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of data mappings, workflows, and processes
- 1+ years of experience in working with Relational Databases
- Experience with a variety of data feed types, including RSS, SOAP, and REST
- Experience with data modeling concepts
- Experience with XML, JSON, and TXT transformations, including writing and applying XSLT to transform data
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Apache Kafka, NiFi, Airflow, PostgreSQL, Pentaho Data Integration, Accumulo, Solr, Elastic Stack, Firefox, Chromium, or Kubernetes
- Experience with DoD or IC clients
- Experience as a database administrator
- Experience with web scraping, including Document Object Model (DOM) exploration
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process, including Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to map and document needed data elements in multiple databases to aggregate them under one schema
- Database Administration, ETL, or Business Intelligence-related Certifications preferred
- DoD 8570 Compliance Certification, including Security+
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Ability to communicate with executive-level staff, senior military leaders, and civilian government officials
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and mission focus
- Ability to work on multiple projects and rapidly integrate and support new customers/environments
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Intelligent Waves will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Intelligent Waves LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
A Veteran Friendly Organization