Serve as a data acquisition engineer performing Extract Transform Load (ETL) requiring an individual who is hard charging, self-starting, and a problem solver, able to work through complex problems with great attention to detail. Work as a part of the team, assist with developing workflows to acquire data, analyze, manage, maintain, and evaluate state-of-the-art extraction, transforming, and loading (ETL) capabilities to maintain a timely data corpus. Determine data ingest quality issues and propose recommendations for elimination. Assist with the formulation of data ingest processes. Provide subject matter support to provision IT and ETL.
- 5+ years of experience with Java
- 1+ years of experience with ETL development and processes from diverse data sources
- 1+ years of experience with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of data mappings, work–flows, and processes
- 1+ years of experience in working with Relational Databases to complete development tasks
- Experience with a variety of data feed types, including BASH, RSS, SOAP, and REST
- Experience with XML, JSON, TXT transformations, including writing and applying XSLT to transform data and data modeling concepts
- Ability to map and document needed data elements in multiple databases to aggregate them under one schema
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Apache NiFi, Airflow, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Pentaho Data Integration, Accumulo, SOLR, Elastic Stack, PhantomJS, Firefox, Chromium, Kubernetes and components in Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Experience with DoD or intelligence community clients
- Experience as a database administrator
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process, including Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge of Document Object Model (DOM) exploration and Web scraping
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS degree in IT, CS, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering preferred
- Database Administration, ETL, or Business Intelligence-related certifications preferred
- DoD 8570 Compliance Certification, including Security+
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.