Vickers and Nolan Enterprises (VNE) is an engineering company that provides Government projects and programs with experienced and dedicated system architects, engineers, subject matter experts (in tactical intelligence), and program managers. VNE also develops training courses and tools to prepare warfighters to effectively employ tactical intelligence systems and provide management guidance to the Government organizations that develop these systems.
VNE has earned a reputation for exceptional performance, innovation, agility, and responsiveness in the Intelligence Community (IC). We attack our mission with a comprehensive understanding of the data available and required; skilled research, design, development, integration, and testing of systems and software solutions; expertise in cybersecurity/information assurance and technology; programmatic, acquisition, and logistics support know-how; and our own unique training curricula that enables students to excel at intelligence operations across all levels of the community.
VNE is devoted to improving tactical operations at home and abroad by enabling the seamless transition of data across the intelligence community and developing/integrating solutions to unify operations and intelligence.
VNE is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) founded in 2004 in Stafford, VA.
VNE, LLC is looking for a TS/SCI Cleared ETL Developer / Data Ingestion Engineer
- 2+ years of experience with Java
- 1+ years of experience with a streaming data framework, including Apache Kafka
- 1+ years of experience with ETL development and processes from diverse data sources
- 1+ years of experience with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of data mappings, work-flows, and processes
- 1+ years of experience in working with Relational Databases
- Experience with a variety of data feed types, including RSS, SOAP, and REST
- Experience with data modeling concepts
- TS/SCI clearance required
- HS diploma or GED
The ETL Developer/ Data Ingestion Engineer is expected to:
Serve as a data acquisition engineer performing Extract Transform Load (ETL) and work through complex problems with great attention to detail. Perform as a part of a team created to develop workflows to acquire data, analyze, manage, maintain, and evaluate state-of-the-art extraction, transforming, and loading capabilities to maintain a timely data corpus. Determine data ingest quality issues and propose recommendations for their elimination. Assist with the formulation of data ingest processes. Provide subject matter support to provision IT and ETL.
Additional Experience Preferred:
- Experience with XML, JSON, and TXT transformations, including writing and applying XSLT to transform data
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Apache Kafka, NiFi, Airflow, PostgreSQL, Pentaho Data Integration, Accumulo, Solr, Elastic Stack, Firefox, Chromium, or Kubernetes
- Experience with DoD or IC clients
- Experience as a database administrator
- Experience with web scraping, including Document Object Model (DOM) exploration
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process, including Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to map and document needed data elements in multiple databases to aggregate them under one schema
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Database Administration, ETL, or Business Intelligence-related Certifications preferred
- DoD 8570 Compliance Certification, including Security+
Essential Duties of the Job:
- Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 3.5% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym Membership (varies by location)
- Corporate-Sponsored Events