Are you tired of your commute and ready to be able to work on your terms? Finding a remote job can alleviate your careers woes and put you on the path to a better way of working.
FlexJobs’ LinkedIn Learning path, “Become a Successful Remote Worker” is a detailed guide to walk you through all of the steps to working remotely. In the second course, “Finding a Remote Job,” you’ll find a six-part video that will share the secrets to getting hired for a remote job and how to stay motivated during your search.
Finding a Remote Job: LinkedIn Learning Course Content
The chapters of this video course include:
- Finding a Remote Job (What to expect and how to determine your objectives for remote work)
- Desirable Remote Worker Attributes (The skills, qualities, experience, and tools needed)
- Finding Remote Jobs Online (Common industries and jobs for remote work)
- Applying for a Remote Job (Crafting a resume and cover letter)
- Interviewing for a Remote Job (Questions to expect and handling phone and video interviews)
- Negotiating Benefits for a Remote Job (Salary negotiation and looking for unique benefits)
- Conclusion (Staying motivated and helpful resources)
Each chapter contains a short quiz to test your knowledge on what you just learned. You can also participate in the Q&A section where you can ask questions and share knowledge with others taking the course.
Finding a Remote Job: Course Objectives
At the end of the course, you can expect to:
- Explain the benefits of a remote job position.
- Identify three technologies a person should master in order to work effectively in a remote position.
- Determine what to do if a recruiter asks for sensitive information before describing a job.
- Recognize three important things to consider when preparing for a remote interview.
- Determine the most important question to ask during a hiring interview.
- Summarize the next action to take after receiving a compensation offer.
Landing a work-from-home job can be job unto itself. Use this course from FlexJobs and LinkedIn Learning to help you stay motivated, productive, and successful in your search.
Photo Credit: bigstockphoto.com
Tags: job search advice
Leave a Comment
We’d love to hear your thoughts and questions. Please leave a comment below!
All fields are required.