Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services provides a fully integrated set of aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services for airlines and operators. We hold a Part 145 FAA/EASA Repair certificate and offer heavy maintenance, line maintenance, parts sales and service, component repair/overhaul, and engineering services. Bringing over 35 years of airline maintenance experience to the MRO marketplace, we have grown into a leading MRO service provider to cargo and passenger airlines. Locations in Wilmington, OH and Tampa, FL delivering Boeing and Airbus maintenance experience to industry leading customers. Expansive facilities, extensive capability and customer validated performance make Airborne a trusted name in the MRO market.
Airborne Wilmington is seeking candidates for the position of General Manager reporting to the President, Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services. The GM sets high standards, defines the business strategy and executes the strategy through the business’ leadership team. This position will be the FAA Accountable Manager for Maintenance conducted through our Wilmington, Cincinnati & Miami locations and have the final responsibility for Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Employment Culture, and the overall Profitability of the Business.
Operations elements are led by the Vice President, Technical Operations and include Heavy Maintenance, Component Repair/Overhaul & Manufacturing, Engineering, and Line Maintenance. The support elements include leadership responsible for Safety, Quality Assurance & Training, Human Resources, and Materials Management.
Well qualified candidates for this position will have and/or demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree – MBA preferred
- Strong financial & analytical skills – including P & L responsibility
- Excellent communication skills supporting their interaction with all levels from employees to customers to shareholders
- Experience leading large technical organizations demonstrating teambuilding, development and execution of business strategy in fast paced, multi-tasking environments
- 5 years of experience leading a Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organization or a business unit within an MRO
- Computer skills necessary to support strategy development, analysis, project management and communication
- Working knowledge of CFR Part 145
Airborne, Wilmington offers excellent benefits including:
- Salary: Base salary for this position is $160,000
- Annual Bonus: An executive bonus structure as a percentage of annual salary
- Medical Insurance: Medical Dental and Vision plans offered for employee, spouse & children from $68 biweekly (Low cost High Deductible Plan) to $247 biweekly (Standard PPO Plan) for the employee contribution. A discount rate is available for participation in the wellness program.
- Life Insurance: Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance are company paid at 150% of base pay.
- Paid Time-Off: PTO begins accumulating immediately. An exempt employee earns 27 days per year which may accumulate up to 2 times the annual maximum.
- 401(k): Employees may contribute up to 75% of their annual earnings. AMES will match employee contributions, dollar for dollar for the first 5% of employee earnings.
- Stock Awards: The parent company may offer stock awards based on overall company performance. Corporate results and individual contributions are considered by the ATSG Board of Directors annually. There are no guarantees that stock awards will be granted
- Relocation Assistance/Sign on Bonus: Available with a signed 24-month retention agreement.
- Prior to you reporting to work, you will need to complete an on-line employment application as well as successfully complete the other normal employment processes including drug test, employment history verification, background check and Form I-9 completion.
Interested candidates contact Christine Cousineau, Director, Human Resources (Christine.Cousineau@airbornemx.com); 937.366.2472 or mobile 937.728.9852