The Head of Publisher Partnerships and Syndication will be responsible for growing and managing a new initiative at Money. Ad Practitioners acquired Money and Money.com in October of last year, and is now looking to grow their internet presence through syndication relationships. The role will include building new commercial relationships that extend the Money brand in digital spaces and beyond. Specifically, the Head of Publisher Partnerships and Syndication will work with high-value publishers to create content syndication and revenue share agreements that align incentives and economic interests.
You’ll be working with colleagues from marketing, finance, product management, editorial, sales and our CEO to build the syndication channel from the ground up. This will be a dynamic role, that includes leading go-to-market strategy, business development, integration, and ongoing relationship management.
You should have expertise and deep industry contacts in the media business , extensive working knowledge of digital marketing, and a sophisticated understanding of how to grow audiences online. You will also utilize your existing relationships / network to identify and drive opportunities for growth.
- Create, implement and develop the Company’s comprehensive commercial licensing and syndication strategy.
- Project manage syndication partner on-boarding.
- Work with internal departments to address technical or operational dependencies such as ingestion, branding, reporting, etc.
- Work with prospective and existing partners to identify and develop new products and services.
- Actively develop content ‘products’ to unlock new revenue opportunities (e.g. content packaging, premium, etc.).
- Perform financial analyses and other analysis / business planning as necessary.
- Develop and track KPIs for demand generation and field marketing programs, optimizing resources against objectives and budget.
- Manage relationships with external agencies and relevant third parties, including media vendors, creative/digital agencies, writers, translation vendors, etc.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of business discussions and contract negotiations with clients.
- Ensure fulfillment of all licensing and syndication deals.
- Keep all relevant departments aware of contract changes, payment terms, content requirements etc.
- Maintain active communication channels so that other leaders are informed about any developments and how they might impact on their organizations.
- Direct experience with content licensing or syndication of both text and multimedia content.
- Hands-on knowledge of best practices in B2B content syndication.
- Ability to display a full understanding of the commercial value of IP and content lifecycles/value/opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent (MBA is a plus)
- Fluent in English
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of publishing & distribution systems
- Understanding of RSS Feeds and web services / APIs
- Strong understanding of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience with project management tools like Asana preferred
- 10+ years of experience managing sales, business development, online media and/or technology marketing.
Ad Practitioners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer