As a FlexJobs member, you have access to thousands of hand-screened positions with legitimate companies, but are you aware of all of the other features of your account? That’s right, you can access so much more than job postings with a FlexJobs account.
From the everyday basics (like updating your password) to accessing webinars, financial wellness tips, and more, here’s how to manage your FlexJobs Account.
How to Manage Your FlexJobs Account
When you’re logged into the FlexJobs site, you’ll see your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Click that, and you’ll see a drop-down menu with six options:
- Account Details
- Refer a Friend to FlexJobs
- Give a Gift Certificate
- Customer Support
From here, you can click Account Details to access your account and manage it. Simply click the tab you want to edit. You can:
- Edit your personal information and email preferences
- Update your password and billing information
- Manage your subscription, including upgrading, pausing, expiring, and canceling your membership
Upgrade Your FlexJobs Membership
Many members start with a short-term membership to see if FlexJobs is a good fit with their job search. When they see all the benefits a membership offers, many people opt to extend their memberships (and get a discount).
To extend your membership, simply click the Subscription tab on the Account Details page and select Upgrade. This takes you through the prompts that will explain how to upgrade and what the new billing amount will be.
Pause Your Account
Sometimes you still need your FlexJobs membership, just not at the moment. Instead of canceling then rejoining later, you can pause your membership for up to 30 days. Select the Subscription tab on the Account Details page, then select Pause.
To reactivate your account, log back into your FlexJobs account at any time during the 30-day pause. If you do not log in, your account will automatically reactivate at the end of the 30 days.
Expiring Your Account
If you’ve paid for a FlexJobs membership for a specific length of time (like a three-month membership) and won’t need access at the end of the membership period, you can expire your FlexJobs membership. This allows you to continue searching and applying for jobs, receive emails from FlexJobs employers, and more until your membership runs out.
To expire your FlexJobs account, select the Subscription tab from the Account Details page and select Expire.
Canceling Your Account
If you don’t want to wait for your membership to end, you can cancel your account instead. This will immediately end your access to FlexJobs listings, and if you change your mind, you will have to resubscribe in the future.
To cancel your account, select the Subscription tab on the Account Details page and select Cancel.
When you’re logged into your account, look at the top navigation bar. All the way to the left, you’ll see My Dashboard.
This will take you to your dashboard, where you can access even more of your account and membership benefits:
- Review your resume profiles, message inbox, upcoming events, member perks, and remote job market map.
- Make your job search easier with our job search checklist to help you navigate and manage every aspect of your job search.
- Get personalized job recommendations and view New Jobs of Interest based on your resume profile.
- Keep track of your job search activity, including jobs you’ve viewed, saved, and applied to.
While you’re in your dashboard, check out the top navigation bar for more member benefits and job search help:
- Look for a new job: Search by category and view new jobs.
- View articles that can help with your job search, whether you want help revamping your resume, customizing a cover letter, or changing careers.
- Access the learning center for member access to video courses, skills tests, learning courses, and webinars.
- Schedule a session with a career coach for one-on-one advice to answer your job search questions.
- Improve your financial literacy in the Financial Wellness Center with support and resources to help you achieve your financial goals.
Manage Your Way to Job Search Success
We want all of our users to feel empowered and motivated by their flexible job options. Knowing how to manage your account will help you get the most out of your membership. As always, if you ever need a helping hand, do not hesitate to contact our Client Services department with any questions.
Looking for other tips on how to maximize your success with FlexJobs?
Don’t forget to share this article with friends!