Human Factors Engineer – Verathon®
Take your expereience in Human Factors to the next level!!! Verathon® is looking for a Human Factors Engineer to become the newest member of our RSS Marketing Team located in Bothell, WA. This is a Hybrid role, 3 days in office, two days working from home.
As a Human Factors Engineer, You are responsible for ensuring our Verathon products are safe and easy to use. As part of the new product development process, you will have primary responsibility for formative and summative usability studies to test understanding of our products and labeling. You will work closely with product planning to test product concepts and feed this information back to the design team to optimize use of our products. You will also work closely with the quality and regulatory groups to create the usability and Human Factors documentation required for submission to medical device regulatory agencies.
- Participate and provide usability input during the initial product concept design process
- Create the user requirements and specification documents
- Create use and human factors plans and protocols
- Conduct formative usability research and create appropriate documentation to inform needed design changes
- Lead the efforts required to create and update usability risk analyses for RSS products
- Provide input to key use related documents and activities, including user needs, product labeling, and the system risk assessment
- Create plans and protocols to validate indications for use, user needs, usability risk mitigations, labeling, and product claims
- Conduct summative usability validation studies, including ultimate responsibility for user recruiting and testing
- Write usability validation reports
- Support content transfer into summary V&V and Safety Risk Management reports
- Perform document regression analyses for legacy product design changes
- Prepare documentation for submission to regulatory agencies and notified bodies, including HFE/UE Reports
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations and best practices for medical device human factors (e.g. IEC 62366, AAMI HE75, FDA Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Medical Devices)
- Conduct post-use usability testing, providing input to NPD and sustaining project prioritization
- Advise management regarding potential improvements to internal processes and regulatory issues related to usability engineering
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s preferred
- 6+ years of human factors experience
- Medical device experience is desired
- Familiarity with Use and Human Factors standards and regulatory guidelines regarding proper validation procedures
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time – exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong use and human factors research skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large quantities of information
- Superior ability to write accurate, clear, and concise protocols and reports in a timely manner
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-directing, and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database, internet research and other applicable software programs
- 10% domestic and foreign travel is required
If you’re currently reading this and hesitating to click “Apply” because you don’t check all the boxes, we encourage you to go for it! A true passion and excitement for making an impact is just as important to us as work experience.
US BENEFITS: Medical, Dental and Vision, 4% Match on 401K, $9K in Tuition Reimbursement Annually, $500 Annual Wellness Benefit and much more. To find out more about what it is like working for Verathon, check out Life at Verathon.
Verathon is a global medical device company focused on supporting customers by being their trusted partner, delivering high-quality products that endure over time and ensure clinical and economic utility. Two areas where Verathon has significantly impacted patient care, and become the market leader in each, are bladder volume measurement and airway management. The company’s BladderScan portable ultrasound and GlideScope video laryngoscopy & bronchoscopy systems effectively address unmet needs for healthcare providers and meaningfully raise the standard of care for patients. Verathon, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, is headquartered in Bothell, Washington, USA and has international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.verathon.com.
Verathon is a medical device company and the health and safety of our customers and employees is our highest priority. Our mission: “We are Verathon. Proud to deliver innovative and specialized medical solutions that empower health care providers to improve and extend patients’ lives.” In support of our mission and nature of our business, Verathon has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our customers and employees. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination will be required upon joining Verathon.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Verathon will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Verathon does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
JOB DESCRIPTION / TEMP-0268 / REV-00