For a defined Area of Primary Responsibility (Geography, Markets, and Accounts) the Inside Sales Engineer (ISE) role is to grow the Grundfos business by Defining, Measuring, Analyzing, Improving, and Controlling the activities within their area of primary responsibility. The ISE reports to a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and participates as an active member of their regional sales team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: DAILY ACTIVITIES
A. C level Direct Accounts – The ISE is responsible for selling to existing and potential direct accounts. (End users, contractors, specialty market customers), following the Grundfos Selling Process (PDJ I / II, Grid and Capture)
B. C level Partner Accounts – The ISE will provide sales support to distribution partners to participate in closing an order or to facilitate and add value to the selling process. Additionally they will lead the efforts to implement Grundfos defined programs.
C. Grundfos – Be the brand, live the brand and present the brand, by building relationships throughout the entire sales channel.
A.Dodge Project Mining – The ISE is responsible for mining Dodge within their APR, filtering project opportunities per the RSMs direction and entering projects into the pipeline via CRM Opportunities
B.News Publication Project Mining – The ISE is responsible for monitoring news publications (i.e. Dodge, Construction Newsletters, etc.) via RSS feeds within their APR, filtering project opportunities per the RSMs direction and entering projects into the pipeline via CRM Opportunities
A.CSC Quote Pipeline – The ISE is responsible for monitoring and managing the CSC quote pipeline, prioritizing and proactively following up on quotes, and dispositioning quotes through the sales excellence pipeline process.
B.GXS Quote Pipeline – The ISE is responsible for monitoring and managing the GXS quote pipeline, prioritizing and proactively following up on quotes, and dispositioning quotes through the sales excellence pipeline process.
C.Opportunity Pipeline – The ISE is responsible for assisting the DSMs in managing the opportunity pipeline and ensuring pipeline quality of above 90%.
IV.Key Account Support
A. The ISE is responsible for providing an added, higher level of support for key accounts within their APR, such as expediting, urgent quoting, etc.
A.The ISE is responsible for working with finance to collate all available data (i.e. open order reports, GES shipment schedule, pipeline data, etc.) and developing a sales monthly forecast for their APR for the coming 3 months.
VI.Reporting / Time Management:
A. CRM Notes of Activity
1. The ISE will maintain data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system relative to partners, accounts, and activities in their APR.
2. The ISE will document sales calls, partner visits, phone calls and other activities so as to maintain a written history of transactions in their APR.
B.Expense reporting – The ISE will manage expenses to an agreed upon level and provide reporting in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
C. Results reporting – The ISE will prepare a monthly report in accordance with specific Grundfos policies and procedures.
D. Time Management – Effectively utilize Outlook calendar on 30 day window. Consistently completing tasks on time.
It is the defined responsibility of the ISE to work with the RSM and regional team to foster open dialogue, develop a team environment and culture, create a strong morale and spirit within the team; promoting the sharing of wins, successes and challenges.
The ISE will support the Grundfos objective of being a socially responsible company by participating in company sponsored events and activities that support this cause. In addition, the ISM is encouraged to identify and support/participate in similar socially responsible programs, events and activities, with guidance and approval from their RSM.
It is the responsibility of the ISE to always present themselves in their role and in society in a manner consistent with the Grundfos Brand, including; maintaining personal appearance, vehicle cleanliness and condition and following customer entertainment guidelines.
Using the Personal Development Dialogue (PDD) process the ISE will identify and document their personal development short term and long term growth objectives and in conjunction with their RSM measure their progress to achieving these objectives on an annual basis.
Being responsible is our foundation. Thinking ahead makes innovation possible. Innovation is the essence. These core values are the soul of the organization. As representatives of the Grundfos organization it is imperative that the ISE demonstrate an understanding and sustained commitment to the promotion of these core values.
Required: Bachelor’s degree technical discipline, engineering a preferred, business or marketing classes are a plus. 3-5 years pump experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Professional sales skills as taught at the PDJA, including key account strategies and plans.
- In-depth knowledge of the market segment to which the ISE is assigned and a general knowledge of the other Grundfos target markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pumps and pumping systems, rotating equipment including electronically controlled pump systems (VFD, controllers, etc.) for the target market to which they are assigned.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective product presentations at all levels of management and for all sizes of audiences for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Ability to manage individual expense budget and work with regional team to plan and stay within the regional expense budget.
- Analytical and systematic approach to business processes, Green Belt certified.
- Excellent PC skills with above average knowledge and use of Microsoft Office application programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as a good aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
Must possess a valid U.S. passport.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.