VitalSource®, an Ingram Content Group Company, company is hiring for a Intermediate Software Engineer to contribute to our Engineering team in La Vergne, TN.
Works under direct supervision, to perform development and maintenance of external and internally facing web applications. Provides full application development lifecycle including but not limited to resolving customer issues, prototypes, development, quality assurance, deployment, etc. Works with team members on complex projects to identify and enforce design patterns, standards, etc. Explores and shares new technologies and development techniques.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to students?
At VitalSource, our team is using startup technology at scale, with millions of users across the globe. Our mission is to make digital learning materials accessible and affordable to all students, and we are excited to see this spread as we expand our global reach.
Our agile teams, which are centered on products, are enabled to have a high ownership of problems with little hierarchy. We use cloud tech, Kubernetes, APIs, modern architecture, continuous deployment, and internal and external integrations to reach our key initiatives. These technologies allow us to integrate with colleges and universities, as well as offer the most accessible eTextbook reader in the world for the visually impaired. If you are a Software Engineer seeking a company that is passionate about their mission, providing great services for learning, and offering technology at scale, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for year experience
- 4 years of application developer/software engineer experience
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, or other related platform technologies
- Experience with React or similar frameworks
- Experience with Ruby or similiar programming language
- Experience with and a passion for open source-based development, continuous delivery models, and using best-of-breed tools
- Experience with Agile development environments and working with DevOps teams to create great software
- Ability to initiate appropriate improvements to development methodology, tools, etc.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions for the next generation of educational learning
- Provide full application development life cycle support, including specifications, prototypes, development, quality assurance and deployment with assistance from Senior and Lead Application Development
- Communicate effectively with internal and external users as needed to support channel integration, development and support
- Support development with appropriate documentation
- Develops and modifies internal and external facing software as part of an Agile/SCRUM team
- Supports development with appropriate documentation
A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers for one low price – onsite gym and basketball court for associates
Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
- Flexible Work Schedules (by team)
VitalSource Technologies LLC, part of Ingram Content Group LLC, is improving the learning experience by making it easier to create and deliver effective and affordable content. The preferred choice among educational institutions and companies for digital learning materials, VitalSource® helps over 1,000 educational content providers create and deliver seamless interactive learning experiences through its exclusive Bookshelf® platform to millions of learners at 7,000 institutions. Bookshelf users opened more than 20 million digital textbooks last year and read more than 3.4 billion pages. For more information about VitalSource, visit https://get.vitalsource.com/
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.
EEO Poster in English
EEO Poster in Spanish