In many respects, the reason you’re looking for a new job isn’t as important as what happens next.
Searching for a new job when it was never in your plans can present challenges. How do you recover from a job loss and move forward? Where, exactly, is the starting point? And, how do you deal with your unemployment in a way that doesn’t hurt your chances of finding work?
LinkedIn Learning has created a learning path called “Finding a Job during Challenging Economic Times” to help. And, we’re excited to play a part in helping job seekers successfully land their next opportunity!
The path includes a course from FlexJobs’ Career Development Manager Brie Reynolds, entitled, “Recovering from a Layoff.”
What You’ll Learn from Our Course
Divided into five sections, each lesson includes a helpful quiz at the end to make sure you understand the content. You’ll cover:
- First Steps to Recovery: Learn what to do after your layoff and start creating your post-layoff recovery plan.
- Filling the Gap in Your Resume: Find out how volunteering, and part-time, consulting, or freelance work can help round out your resume.
- Searching for Jobs: Discover new ways to leverage your network to find a new job and how paying attention to job trends may help you find new work.
- Applying for Jobs: Get the ins and outs of writing effective resumes and cover letters.
- Interviewing for a Job Post-Layoff: Learn how to discuss your layoff in an interview and discover new tips to help you tackle any interview question.
Reynolds instructs users on how to ramp up your job search, address your layoff on your resume, and create a personalized action plan that can help you find a new job.
What Else Does the LinkedIn Learning Path Cover?
In addition to our course, the LinkedIn path covers 12 other courses to help job seekers successfully gain employment during these challenging times. Other courses within the path are:
- How to Manage Feeling Overwhelmed
- Finding a Job
- A Career Strategist’s Guide to Getting a Job
- Recession-Proof Career Strategies
- Learning LinkedIn
- Digital Networking Strategies
- Digital Body Language
- Building Resilience
- Writing a Resume
- Video Interview Tips
- Engage the Likability Effect in the Job Search
- 10 Ways to Stay Motivated While Job Hunting
Who Should Take This LinkedIn Learning Path?
Anyone who recently lost their job will benefit from this course. However, many of the techniques covered are perfect for any job seeker. Whether you’re a career changer, someone reentering the job market after an extended absence, or are looking for your first job, this path will help you identify the steps you can take to create a more efficient job search.
Finding a Job During Challenging Economic Times
This path is free to LinkedIn members. Log in to your LinkedIn account today and start learning how to bounce back from a job loss and launch your job search as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Don’t forget to share this article with friends!