Ingram Content Group (ICG) is hiring for a Manager, Application Development to contribute to our Application Services team in LaVergne, TN, just outside the Nashville area.
Manages an application development team and oversees the development and maintenance of web and client-based software applications to include both internal development and the extension or customization of commercial applications. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of software developers. Works with customers and technical staff to resolve complex problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Manages the application product portfolio and provides strategic vision and leadership. Communicates with the Product Advisory Board to develop, manage, and maintain advanced product line roadmaps, priorities and timelines.
Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to the world?
At Ingram, our Technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or directly related experience
- 1 to 3 years previous team leadership or supervisory experience
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining .Net based applications
- Experience managing a diverse portfolio of applications
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools
- Develops and modifies internal and external facing software applications.
- Coordinates application development with contract developers and other Ingram company developers.
- Provides full application development life cycle support, including specifications, prototypes, development, quality assurance and deployment.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external users as needed to support channel integration, development and support.
- Supports development with appropriate documentation.
- Provides task and project level estimates scoped by available information.
- Develops a clear definition of product strategy and road map.
This list is not exhaustive
A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price – onsite gym and basketball court for associates
Avid reader? Numerous opportunities to engage with books and authors
- Author events & book signings
- Up to 40% discount off books at Ingram’s First Edition Bookstore
- Free card registration at the Nashville Public Library
- Free advance copies available throughout our HQ in Greater Nashville
- Discounted offers to self-publish with IngramSpark®!
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.
EEO Poster in English
EEO Poster in Spanish