We are seeking a Product Manager to grow and innovate Sinclair’s email and e-commerce business. The Product Manager for email and e-commerce will deliver and execute strategies and plans across the company that enable it to significantly grow its email user database while delivering first class news, marketing and other content through a variety of products. The Product Manager will focus on driving revenue, audience engagement and customer satisfaction through easy-to-use systems throughout the company and for the end user. The Product Manager is part of a wider Sinclair team and works across multiple departments, including marketing, news, sales, technology and product.
- Working with partners throughout the company, implement a universal system for email and e-commerce that is easy to use for multiple departments throughout Sinclair
- As part of that, develop and work with partners to maintain a database of users receiving email and taking advantage of e-commerce opportunities
- Help develop and implement a multi-year roadmap for email and e-commerce products to illustrate and communicate the vision, positioning and plan for the future
- Develop a best-in-class email and email marketing operation that can scale and consistently ensure that all operations comply with industry standards and regulations
- Continually compare products and assess the competition, developing strategies and tactics to reduce threats and capitalize on new market trends
- Identify and validate customer needs through research and market data
- Analyze various market segments and make recommendations to leadership and stakeholders on the best ones to pursue and prioritize
- Develop and validate sets of hypotheses on market & customer problems
- Collaborate with stakeholders on the prioritization of product features
- Develop and maintain a robust backlog of product feature investments
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product
- Work with sales and leadership to define and support sales strategies within products
- Leverage product data analytics to manage key performance indicators and operational key results for your products
- Support the rollout of new products with sales, training, advertising, support and production teams
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define and execute on product marketing communications objectives
- Inspire stakeholders, executives and delivery teams by clearly communicating product vision and planning designed to deliver measurable business impact
- Collaborate with Scrum team members to plan and execute: PI Planning, Lean UX, and technical ladder breakdowns
- Establish and maintain clear forms of communication with stakeholders, executives and team members that accurately provide guidance, direction and status of Product strategy, roadmaps and initiatives
- Continue professional and technical education, attending workshops, seminars, etc.
- Working with the email and e-commerce leadership team and colleagues, set product priorities that translate into achievable Sprint goals clearly understood by all
- Establish the tone and narrative for team Sprint demos
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Collaborate with other Agile team members to clarify product requirements, set priorities, establish necessary tradeoffs and unblock the team on product-based decisions
- Maintain and keep teams focused on the roadmap for execution
- Contribute to the fun
The ideal candidate will have…
- 4+ years of experience planning, leading and implementing customer- and business-centric product strategies related to email and e-commerce
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing operations
- 2+ years of experience delivering success in email and e-commerce, with related experience in data analysis
- Knowledge of user-centric design and branding deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and style guides
- Knowledge of email clients, mobile email and responsive email
- Strong experience communicating to management and stakeholders using written and verbal skills
- Expertise in personal organization, time management, decision-making and problem-solving
- Experience in media/news publishing, distribution, and ad technology, a big plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel for company business.
About The Company
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television and video is produced, distributed, and consumed. The product manager will be part of the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform, and into a seamless user experience that has a growing email and e-commerce component. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.