JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Center Communications Facilitate communications related to activities of the Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship. Responsibilities include:
1) Maintaining current content for Center website and corresponding web pages, update social media outlets according to timeline specified by Center management, develop new content and announcements for website and social media, developing and managing RSS feeds, identifying appropriate website content, working with MD Anderson Strategic Communications team and participate in division level communication efforts to ensure that all MD Anderson guidelines are followed.
2) Identify, communicate, and manage Energy Balance network within and outside of MD Anderson Cancer Center
Project and Event Coordination Coordinates projects and events related to activities of the Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship. Responsibilities include:
1) Coordinate events, such as retreats or guest lectures, by facilitating the planning and execution of all logistics, including preparing agendas, arranging meetings, catering and audiovisual. Assists in preparation of special project materials/booklets as required.
2) Facilitating all components necessary for project initiation, implementations, and completion.
3) Coordinate all travel activities for speakers including lodging, airlines reservations, and reimbursements requests utilizing institutional on-line travel data base.
4) Maintain expense records, prepare presentations, manage spreadsheets, and maintain documentation for all Center events and related projects and assisting the Program Manager oversee Center achievements and activities.
Faculty, Center Trainees, and Staff Support Coordinates faculty, Center trainees, and staff schedule and documentation related to activities of the Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship. Responsibilities include:
1) Coordinating all aspects of faculty, Center trainees, and staff schedule, travel arrangements and reimbursements.
2) Coordinate all travel activities including registration, lodging, airlines reservations, and reimbursements requests utilizing institutional on-line travel data base. Including the maintenance of travel expense records.
3) Maintain calendar for daily schedules, monthly, and yearly commitments and communicate leave time with administration, research team, and faculty.
4) Schedules meetings with multiple attendees, maintains invitee responses, and provides reminders to ensure appropriate attendance at meetings, prepares agendas, and prepares meeting documentation.
5) Generate, revise, and update support/reference material for Center Director, Center trainees, and staff. Maintain revisions to professional documents, bibliographic libraries, and grant-related documentation.
6) Oversee documentation of achievements by faculty, trainees, and staff regarding funding, publication, and presentations.
Other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree.
Required: Three years project/program coordination experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
Preferred: Experience with updating websites, social media, writing blogs and newsletters. Background in health communication is a plus.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 145835
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Remote Work: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,800
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,400
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 70,000
- Science Jobs: No