Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
- Conduct communication research in support of AFC communication strategy and objectives.
- Provide recommendations for integration and coordination methods; review/evaluate/assess process development; identify and recommend opportunities for improvement of Army communication; identify options, and recommend performance metrics that would help to monitor improvements; campaign or operational design in support of AFC priorities and associated communication requirements.
- Provide Communication Research and Analysis capabilities and expertise to assist in the development and execution of strategies that deliberately and consistently measure the strategic effects of AFC communication efforts across the full spectrum of media and community outreach activities.
- Develop strategic-level metrics and presentation packages.
- Analyze information environment.
- Advise and assist communication campaign program managers with developing metrics, collecting supporting data and analyzing collected data in support of efforts to measure AFC initiatives, actions, programs and campaigns. These metrics shall include all relevant multimodal media, including traditional, broadcast, wire services, and digital/social content.
- Provide AFC with communication measurement expertise.
- Provide analytical expertise for the purposes of understanding the character, nature and trends of open source traditional and social media communication.
- Identify, collect and publish required on-demand/ad hoc, daily, weekly, and monthly reports based on open source traditional and social media reporting on the AFC primary and secondary audiences and subjects of interest. Primary audiences include: industry, science, academia, congress, elected officials, think tanks and other stakeholders who make up the internal and external publics with interest to AFC. Secondary audiences include those groups, which may have influence on the primary audiences. The overall assessment will take into account those objectives identified in communication planning products and help determine if the objectives are being met, and if not, recommend new actions to be considered in updated Public Affairs planning products in order to “Tell the AFC Story”.
- Develop, utilize, and assess appropriate metrics to determine the efficacy of AFC communication efforts and enable analysis of alternative options to deploy the command’s messages.
- Advise and assist AFC Communication Team in developing effective metric-based tracking of communication efforts and shall make recommendations for adjusting communication efforts based on assessment analysis.
- Collect and analyze multimodal media including, but not limited to: daily newspapers, weekly newspapers, wire services, magazines, television, radio, email, blogs, websites, Rich Site Summary (RSS) feeds and social media. This media analysis shall include quantitative and qualitative, systematic and objective methods to determine form and content of text and broadcasts. Media analysis shall be auditable and follow replicable methods to allow for validation. Social media analysis shall include at a minimum tone, engagement, and demographic/geographic reach.
- Interact with corporate-level staff and subject matter experts and advise and recommend communication strategies, identify likely project risks and develop solutions options as well as mitigation strategies.
- Other duties and projects may be assigned by the Program Manager as OCPA and team priorities change.
- Knowledge of communication principles, methods, practices and techniques to develop public affairs projects aimed at enhancing the understanding of groups or individuals opposed or indifferent to significant aspects of the agency.
- Ability to prepare and/or edit written correspondence, ensuring proper use of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- This position requires the employee to occasionally travel away from the normal duty station less than 10% of the time.
- Must demonstrate the ability to balance day-to-day demands for missions requiring immediate attention with the need to achieve long-term organizational goals.
- Proven track record of leading media analytic and research projects and successfully meeting goals on time.
- The ability to prepare and deliver briefings and status reports to senior leadership, consultative skill.
- Possess demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in word clouds, graphs and charts to present found information in a simple manner for people to understand.
- Able to work effectively in a small team environment.
- Skilled in analytic programs to collect information regarding the information environment and the current sentiment within different audiences and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years’ experience managing government technical acquisition programs is required.
- Knowledge of Industry-best practices (Meltwater, Critical Mentioned) for monitoring and collecting metrics and analytics from daily newspapers, weekly newspapers, wire services, magazines, television, radio, email, blogs, websites, Rich Site Summary (RSS) feeds and social media.
- Secret Clearance (Active)
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program