E-Clips Publication Editor (Texas Resident Required)
TrialSmith, an Austin-based company, is seeking a Texas-based resident who is a junior, senior, or graduate-level student or professional to abstract news briefings for trial attorneys for an E-Clips publication, which reaches more than 40,000 plaintiff attorneys across the nation each day.
Candidates must be able to produce high-quality work for executive-level consumption and work efficiently under deadlines. Candidates MUST be able to complete 8-10 news abstracts no later than 11:00 am CT each day (M-F).
- Conduct background research to develop an in-depth understanding of topics of interest to our target audiences (e.g. general & family law, asbestos litigation)
- Use a combination of Internet search engines and our Web search tools to identify the top news stories of the day
- Create clear, concise abstracts of news stories
- Work with managing editor to publish 8-10 briefings that are sent to readers daily
- Candidates must have a minimum of under-graduate training with a specialty in writing (e.g. law, journalism, mass communication, English)
- Ability to concisely and accurately read and summarize news headlines and articles into concise headlines and 3-4 sentence summaries.
- Experience using Internet-based search tools including major search engines, RSS feeds, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, grammatically correct copy for publication
Work from home and make $30/hour working 2 hours per day.
Working at TrialSmith
At TrialSmith, we strive to provide valuable solutions to all of our customers. That mission includes a commitment to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion which makes us stronger as a team and reinforces our goal of providing customers with the best service and support.
We recognize and value differences in perspectives that drive innovation within our company. We will continue to create a respectful, collaborative, and safe environment, ensuring progress for our future.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location