GTL is seeking a Sr Content Administrator to join our team. We are seeking candidates that are mobile device power users who has the passion and ability to find, curate and promote mobile content for mobile users. A focus will be optimizing content applications on GTL’s inmate tablet platform to help GTL maintain its marketplace lead as a provider of safe and secure devices to the corrections industry. Candidates must be tech savvy and possess a willingness to learn and understand our unique environment.
Remote based position that has a travel requirement of up to 25%.
Identify new content categories: Work as part of a team to identify new categories for product expansion and revenue growth.
Content acquisition: Research and procure new content providers for new and existing products. Identify and actively seek out content rights holders and partner companies for video, music, audiobooks, podcasts, and possibly educational and job training material Other duties include platform and application updates, catalog rotation, and reporting
New Product introduction: Develop internal and external campaigns to test, pilot and fully deploy new products. Includes revenue forecasting, release documentation and ongoing reporting
Product Demos: Provide product demos for products to support Sales, Account Management and PMO. This includes working with Sales to ensure accurate information is being distributed in RFP’S as well as responding timely to Facility Requests.
Vendor Management and Reporting: Identify and establish strong relationships with vendors.
Quality Control: Maintain Quality Control on all Tablet Content.
Tablet Reporting metrics and revenue optimization: As the Product Owner, you will be tasked with creating KPI’s for your products. The role will be responsible for first line review of daily tablet usage and revenue statistics to identify tablet issues and analyze revenue successes and disappointments.
Facility Specific Application Requests: Research and development activities for new Facility Requests. Managing Facility expectations for application integrations.
Direct Feedback from end users: Many of the best ideas come directly from our end users. This role will work with account managers to establish a system where end users can provide feedback.
Content Curation: Content curation involves adding, removing and promoting content on a regular basis. The areas on the tablet that require curation are:
- Tablet Applications: Manage which apps are on the tablets.
- News: RSS Feeds – Manage feeds their category organization.
- In App Content: Content within select apps, such as movies and jail rules
- Whitelisted URLs: to support all of the above, and removing unused URLs.
- Blacklist Content: Managing content that individual facilities have asked to have removed.
- Experimentation: The best way to uncover new lucrative tablet content categories is with experimentation. This role will experiment with content on a subset of tablets at friendly facility, and if apps show promise through high usage, roll out successful apps across all facilities.
- Promote Content: This role will proactively promote new or unrecognized content with inmate-facing messages, voicemails, posters, and/or app placement (such as moving an app to the home screen).
- Bachelors degree preferred; equivalent years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Motivation to affect change and strong sense of pride and ownership of one’s work.
- Insatiable appetite for mobile applications and internet culture
- The ability to work independently and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced organization
- Innovative and creative, curious and deeply familiar with the world of Web and online trends and memes
- Must have ability to communicate using applications similar to, but not limited to: Microsoft suite, Gmail, Instant messaging, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communicate skills
- Strong competency/experience with Android OS is desired
- Strong competency using Apple computers is desired
- Experience with Web-based content management systems is desired
- Experience evaluating and/or harvesting audience or content insights and analytics for mobile or Web content
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
GTL is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.