The Social Media and Digital Content Manager will execute the day-to-day operations of NASA Langley’s Web portal and Social Media presence. Activities will include the creation of short-form posts for social media covering NASA’s missions and programs, managing, and replying to incoming public inquiries from the web and social channels, providing internal customer support for social media-related questions or activities and the development and execution of social media plans supporting major agency events and milestones. The Social Media and Digital Content Manager shall also serve as the lead specialist managing the www.NASA.gov /Langley website coordinating the posting of content with the government. Conduct communication activities with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create web sites, print media articles, brochures, flyers, and banners to support the North Carolina National Guard’s Community Relations, Command information programs, and media relations campaigns
- Provide website strategies and implementation support for NASA programs, projects and initiatives, where applicable
- Support includes researching, developing and posting material on NASA websites, integrating web planning with the strategic media relations and outreach plans developed by the OSACB Communications Team, staying up-to-date on NASA’s current web tools and best practices and leverage analytical tools and resources to support program strategies
- Develop, produce, manage, and update informational products for use on www.nasa.gov, including: feature stories including text, images, videos and audio files; image and video galleries; blog posts; dynamic RSS feeds; and specialized graphic elements, such as infographics, GIFs and posters
- Create, produce, manage, and update informational products for use on social media, making maximum use of other products developed by NASA (e.g., video, audio, mobile applications, fact sheets, scripts, interviews, graphics, photographs, and captions)
- Monitor analytics of the major social media platforms daily and create monthly reports for upper management
- Deliver web support and social media implementation after normal business hours, overnight, and throughout weekends as directed by the government for remote/virtual on-call staffing and, if required, in-person real-time coverage of live mission operations (e.g., launches, landings, tests, mission milestones, etc.)
- Travel to support in-person events at field locations across the country for identified major events, to ensure the successful execution of social media plans and staff support of digital engagement as directed by the government
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, with an emphasis in digital content management
- Strong writing and editing skills – Proven success creating clear, compelling messages attractive to diverse audiences
- Experience in planning, developing and executing strategy of social media accounts and campaigns
- Advanced knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter advertising and social media platforms including internet and social media publishing standards
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, content management systems, search engine optimization, and analytics
- Ability to interpret stakeholder insights/data and translate into actionable and measurable business results
- Understanding of leveraging content to drive engagement, grow audience, define brand recognition
As required by Presidential Executive Order 14043 on September 9, 2021, all employees of a covered federal government contractor must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates sincerely held religious beliefs, practices, or observances. If an applicant is invited to join our team, they are required to submit proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, at the time of employment. Alternatively, the selected candidate may request to be granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Employees must possess the ability to work in a standard office or conference room setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer.
To visit other company sites, employees must be able to operate a motor vehicle and fly in an aircraft, both of which may require sitting for prolonged periods of time. Employees must possess vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups and over the telephone. Standing in work areas and walking between work areas will be required. This position requires an employee to occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance; reach, push, and pull drawers and doors open and closed. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Media Fusion LLC is an equal opportunity employer. MF does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or identity, or disability.
Preference may be extended to qualified Native American Indian candidates in accordance with applicable federal law.