Social Media and Digital Content Manager
The Contractor shall execute the day-to-day operations of NASA Langley’s Web portal and Social Media presence and shall create short-form posts for social media covering NASA’s missions and programs, managing and replying to incoming public inquiries from the web and social channels, providing internal customer support for social media-related questions or activities, plus crafting social media plans and documents ahead of major agency events and milestones. The contractor shall also serve as the lead specialist managing the www.NASA.gov/langley site coordinating the posting of content to the site with the government. Communication activities with be with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide website strategies and implementation support for NASA programs, projects and initiatives, where applicable. The support includes researching, developing and posting material on NASA websites, integrating web planning with the strategic media relations and outreach plans developed by the OSACB Communications Team, staying up-to-date on NASA’s current web tools and best practices, and leverage analytical tools and resources to support program strategies.
- Develop, produce, manage, and update informational products for use on www.nasa.gov, including: feature stories including text, images, videos and audio files; image and video galleries; blog posts; dynamic RSS feeds; and specialized graphic elements, such as infographics, GIFs and posters.
- Deliver web support and social media implementation after normal business hours, overnight, and throughout weekends as directed by the Government for remote/virtual on-call staffing and, if required, in-person real-time coverage of live mission operations (e.g., launches, landings, tests, mission milestones, etc.).
- Create, produce, manage, and update informational products for use on social media, making maximum use of other products developed by NASA (e.g., video, audio, mobile applications, fact sheets, scripts, interviews, graphics, photographs, and captions).
- Travel to support in-person events at field locations across the country for identified major events in order to ensure the successful execution of social media plans and staff support of digital engagement as directed by the Government.