Summary Description Of Position
This position is responsible for completing payments and controls expense by receiving, processing, verifying, reconciling and entering invoices.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years of AP experience
- One and one-half (1 ½) years accounting experience, or one year college accounting, or equivalent, or the demonstrated ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position with a minimum of supervision and instruction.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Must have strong work ethic
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent basic computer and software skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc…)
- Must be proficient in Excel
Major Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Efficiently enters Vendor invoices into company’s system in a timely manner
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciles vendor statements with company records.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Maintain spreadsheets on various vendors that invoices need to be tracked or allocated for billing purposes.
- Prepares checks with proper support for processing and mailing out to vendor
- Resolve Purchase Order conflicts with Buyers or Receiving departments
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Performs related accounting duties and operates various office machines.
Performs other duties as assigned by department head