Summary Description Of Position
This position is responsible for fabricating aircraft parts, accessories, and trim in accordance with technical specifications. Composite technician jobs are detail-oriented and involve crafting, sanding, bonding, assembly, and autoclave with a variety of composite materials.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Airframe license preferred but not required
- Three (3) years MRO/Military component repair experience desired.
- Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
- Specialized training in machine shop practices.
- Must be able to maintain an airport SIDA badge
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and overtime.
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Responsibilities include reading blue prints and tape measures to ensure project accuracy and completion.
- Ability to read precision measuring tools and instruments.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, grinders, sanders, files, dremels, drills, and operate ovens.
- Repairing components as needed per manual and router instruction.
- Perform hot-bonding, wet lay-up preparation, and cures, using raw materials or pre-pregs, both glass and aramid fiber.
- Perform repairs with the use of various adhesives and resins.
- Remove and repair damage of honeycomb and core panels.
- Repair of thermosets and thermoplastics using adhesive bonding.
- Perform grinding, sanding, blending, deburring operation. Operates all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Must follow all OSHA standards in regards to personal protection equipment.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to hear at conversational level with hearing aide
- Must have correctable near and far vision