Summary Description Of Position
This position is responsible for supervising the activities of the Tool Room to properly insure the operation and maintenance of all tools and equipment.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- Must be over the age of 18 to operate equipment
- Valid driver s license (Beneficial if you know how to drive a stick)
- Driver s License is required at ALL Times. Any loss of driver s license is an immediate termination.
- Must be hardworking and willing to put in a good day s work to get the job done
- Self-motivating much of the work will be performed unsupervised and self-motivation will be required in order to complete the work on schedule
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Trust Worthy
- Safety Requirements
- Work safely and follow all client and OSHA safety requirements
- Must learn and follow client and OSHA Safety Program and other company Procedures
- Driving Requirement
- Truck deliveries – Must have valid driver s license and be able to make deliveries to customers locations
- Fork truck – Must pass fork truck operation test and use company fork trucks to move materials
- Daily Tasks could include but are not limited to:
- Develop an inventory of on-hand tools, etc.
- Maintain records of tools and equipment and provide weekly report of new tools – if full time, all shop personnel will request tools through you
- Continually organize tool crib storage area s for better tool management and organization – applying labels and systems to allow better viewing and organization of the rooms
- Inspect tools and equipment for defects and wear, visually, and gets maintenance or appropriate person to fix
- Mark all tooling for identification and tracking
- Help with basic maintenance of tools or machine equipment – lubricating, cleaning, basic maintenance, etc.
- May eventually use computer system to manage inventory and storage locations.
- Performs regular duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs in performing the work.
- Ability to crawl in confined spaces on the hands and knees to perform work.
- Knowledge of use of protective equipment and safety protocol related to the possible exposure to dust, body fluids, radiation, chemicals, fumes, vapors, or mists that could potentially affect the health of the employee.
- Ability to withstand exposure to constant or intermittent loud noise levels.
- Ability to have close vision or clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Ability to have distance vision or clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Ability to determine colors – to identify and distinguish colors and shade.
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools.