SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Any employee designated as lead back shop mechanic by PEMCO shall perform work as a back shop mechanic for a major portion of the time and assume responsibility for the satisfactory completion and quality of all job assignments. In addition, he shall be required to lead, assign work to, and direct the work of other employees in a given classification and/or a specialized job or operation.
This position is responsible for fabricating, repairing, replacing, or rebuilding aircraft structures, repair parts, and special tools, in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the company, applicable government agencies, and aircraft manufactures as contained in approved Maintenance Manuals. In the event of the back shop supervisor’s absence,
the lead back shop mechanic will assume responsibility for those duties directly pertaining to the
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATION
1. Valid Airframe License preferred
2. Two (2) years’ experience in heavy aircraft maintenance, preferably with an airline and/or
MRO aircraft company.
3. Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support heavy maintenance service, including, but not limited to Company policy and procedure manuals, FAR’s, AD’s, Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals.
4. Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
5. Must be efficient in the use and application of tools, gauges, instruments, etc. necessary for the accomplishment of duties assigned.
6. Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and disposal as related to the job assignment.
7. Must have minimum required tools.
8. Must meet the qualifications to obtain a SIDA badge.
9. High School diploma or equivalent.
10. Shall have a thorough knowledge of work to be performed within a given classification and/or a specialized job/operation.
11. Must have demonstrated the ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions.
12. Must possess leadership qualities to include the previously demonstrated ability to cooperate and work with others.
13. Must have the ability to perform high quality work in a reasonable length of time, lead, and direct the work of their employees.
14. Must be able to satisfactorily accomplish all job assignments with little or no supervision or instruction.
15.Must have the ability to efficiently and accurately read, interpret, and carry out written or verbal instructions, technical orders, operating procedures, and directives.
16. Must have a valid driver’s license.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS AND DUTIES
1. Shall perform work in his classification for a major portion of his assigned working hours.
2. Leads, assigns work to, and directs all work in conformance with the classifications of employees assigned to him.
3. Instructs other employees in the proper methods and procedures of performing jobs when required.
4. Reads and interprets information, answers questions, reviews work in process, and checks completed work to ensure quality and timely completion of all job assignments.
5. Eliminates ordinary difficulties encountered in regular job assignments.
6. Prepares and maintains records pertaining to job assignments as required.
7. Responsible for satisfactory completion of work performed by employees assigned to him.
8. Refers any matter to his Supervisor which is not within his authority.
9. Shall have
the authority to recommend employees for employment, transfer, promotion, or disciplinary action.