SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Any employee designated as Tool Room Lead by the company shall perform work as a Tool Room Attendant for a proportionate amount of the time and assume responsibility for the satisfactory completion and quality of all job assignments. In addition, he/she shall be required to lead, assign work to, and direct the work of other employees in a given classification and /or a specialized job or operation.
This position is responsible for all aspects of tool control in accordance with policies, procedures and requirements established by the company, applicable government agencies and aircraft manufactures.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Shall have a thorough knowledge of work to be performed within a given classification and /or a specialized job or operation.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to use good judgement and make sound decisions.
- Must possess leadership qualities to include the preciously demonstrated ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Must have the ability to perform high quality work in a reasonable length of time, lead and direct the work of their employees.
- Must be able to satisfactorily accomplish all job assignments with little or no supervision or instruction.
- Must have the ability to efficiently and accurately read, interpret and carry out written of verbal instructions, technical orders, operating procedures and directives.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and overtime.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS AND DUTIES:
- Leads, assigns work to, and directs all work in conformance with classifications of employees assigned to them.
- Instructs other employees in the proper methods and procedures of performing jobs when required.
- Reads and interprets information, answers questions, reviews work in progress and checks completed work to ensure quality and timely completion of all job assignments.
- Eliminates ordinary difficulties encountered in regular job assignments.
- Prepares and maintains records pertaining to job assignments as required.
- Responsible for satisfactory completion of work performed by employees assigned to them.
- Refers any matter to his/her supervisor which is not within their authority.
- Shall have the authority to recommend employees for employment, transfer, promotion or disciplinary action.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day operation not determined at time of hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel and walk for extended periods.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to manipulate and use a computer for long periods.