Summary Description Of Position
This position reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager. This position is responsible for conducting investigations, surveillances, self-evaluations of the repair station and its processes, internal and external audits of vendors and suppliers.
Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
- Five (5) years Aviation Maintenance and Quality experience combined. (Preferred)
- Thorough understanding of FAR part 21, 43, 65, 91, 145, and 121.
- Valid and Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and/or;
- Knowledgeable of Quality requirements, Quality Standards, and the code of Federal Regulations that are applicable to PEMCO’s operations and/or,
- Specialized auditor training (i.e., C.A.S.E., ISO, ASQ, etc.) course completion.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent Computer skills, MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Pro.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to travel.
Major Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Damage/Injury investigations.
- Internal audits.
- External vendor audits.
- Self-evaluation of Repair Station.
- Customer process compliance.
- Process Surveillances.
- Other duties as delegated by the QA Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Quality Assurance necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
- Ability to withstand intermittent moderate noise levels.
- Ability to see close (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Ability to see distances (clear vision at 20 feet or more).