Summary Description Of Position
Supervises a number of employees in the execution of one or more Material Control functions.
Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- High School education or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience in related function assignments, or the demonstrated ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Thorough working knowledge of government stock catalogs and related publications as they apply to the functions described below.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Microsoft Excel required.
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Prepares material and parts substitution listings, spare parts breakdown listings, shipping and receiving documentation, and contractual and other reports.
- Accomplishes inventories and inventory reconciliation, source catalog research records preparation and maintenance, and records, analysis and material status reporting, to include coordination with other departments where required.
- Oversees receiving, warehousing, storing and issuing, preserving, accomplishing T.O. compliance checks, conserving, salvaging, and disposing of scrap, packing and crating, and shipping of material, parts, sub-assemblies, and end items in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establishes stock control levels.
- Interface with Production and Materials Personnel Regarding All Material Issues.
- Effects timely follow-up.
- Performs expediting, as necessary.
- Maintains close coordination with Procurement in expediting delivery dates.
- Maintains follow-up to insure arrival of parts, material, sub-assemblies, etc. at prescribed destination, as scheduled.
- Prepare reports, documentation, memorandums, and maintain files to accomplish assigned mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Ability to perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time in a normal office environment.
- Ability to withstand constant to intermittent loud noise levels.
- Ability to have close vision.
- Ability to have distance vision.