To help job seekers interested in finding jobs with flexible work options, we present the 40 top companies to watch for flexible jobs in 2020.
Whether it’s for work-life balance, family support, time savings, commute stress, or any of the other reasons large and small that people seek flexible work options, these 40 companies offer professional-level, quality jobs that better fit our lives.
This list is based on an analysis of over 52,000 companies.
It looks specifically at their flexible job posting histories in the FlexJobs database between January 1, 2019, and October 31, 2019. Given the consistent, high-volume flexible job hiring practices by these companies in 2019, FlexJobs believes these companies are likely to be strong recruiters for flexible job positions in 2020 as well.
Computer and IT, sales, medical and health, education, marketing, and finance are among the top career fields for flexible jobs. A “flexible job” is defined as any professional-level job that offers flexibility in terms of when, where, and how work gets done. Examples include:
- Remote jobs (telecommute, virtual, or work-from-home) that are full-time and part-time
- Freelance (contract) jobs
- Jobs with flexible schedules or alternative work hours
Top 40 Companies to Watch for Flexible Jobs in 2020
These are the top 40 companies with the highest number of flexible job listings in the FlexJobs database between January 1, 2019, and October 31, 2019.
- UnitedHealth Group
- Kelly Services
- Motion Recruitment Partners
- SAIC – Science Applications International Corporation
- Robert Half International
- ADTRAV Travel Management
- Onward Search
- Real Staffing
- PRA Health Sciences
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- LanguageLine Solutions
- Supporting Strategies
- Grand Canyon University – GCU
- Magellan Health
- Trilogy Education Services
- Frank Recruitment Group
- CSI Companies
- Georgia Military College – GMC
- Provencher & Company
- Red Hat
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
The Flexible Job Market Today
Along with this list of 40 flex-friendly companies, FlexJobs also tracks the growth and evolution of the flexible job market.
Here are recent studies and statistics that show what the market looks like today:
- Businesses that offer “flextime during core business hours” increased from 52% to 57% between 2015 and 2019, according to SHRM’s 2019 study on work benefits.
- In just two years, there’s been a 78% increase in job posts on LinkedIn that mention work flexibility, according to LinkedIn’s Global Talent Trends 2019.
- 74% believe that flexible working has become the new normal, according to an IWG survey.
- 78% cited flexible schedules and remote work as the most effective non-monetary ways to retain employees in 2019, up from 67% in 2018, according to Crain’s Future of Work Survey.
- To attract and retain employees, 44% of businesses have put in place new strategies to permit a more flexible schedule as their chief way of coping with record unemployment and fewer available workers, according to a 2019 USA Today and LinkedIn survey.
All of these statistics serve as great news for the many people seeking flexible work options. The top four reasons people seek flexible work have held steady over the last five years, according to FlexJobs’ annual “super survey” of professionals interested in flexibility: work-life balance, family, time savings, and commute stress.
Flexible work options have become so valued by today’s workers that 30% of people have reported leaving a job because it didn’t offer flexibility, and 16% are currently looking for a new, more flexible job.
Finding Your Flexible Job
If you’re in the market for a flexible job, FlexJobs is here to support your efforts through screened and vetted flexible job listings, trusted companies, and lots of educational and job search support resources, including downloadable guides, remote job search video courses, career coaching, and more!
Photo Credit: bigstockphoto.com
This is a version of an article that was originally published on August 13, 2018.
Leave a Comment
We’d love to hear your thoughts and questions. Please leave a comment below!
All fields are required.