1358-NN – Web Coordinator
WSU SPOKANE CAMPUS
Administrative Professional – Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
Working within the context of an integrated marketing communications plan and the information technology strategic plan, the Web Coordinator provides daily administration, development, and maintenance of web sites(s) and web pages for the College of Medicine. This position has dual reporting to the Information Technology and Communications and Marketing offices.
Work includes creating web content in WordPress and Elementor using a high level of design and communication skills. Ensures that web content is relevant and is kept up-to-date. Ensures that photographs and other digital assets follow University and College of Medicine brand standards. Implements and manages updates as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
50% Website Development and Management
- Interfaces with College of Medicine departments to determine their needs relating to web projects.
- Plans, designs, and develops website structure, user interface, and technical and educational requirements, ensuring adherence to college IT standards.
- Plans, designs, and develops visual design, graphic components and other marketing and communications requirements, ensuring adherence to College Communications and Marketing standards.
- In partnership with the Communications and Marketing team, designs, creates, and maintains web content for departments and units within the College of Medicine. Builds collaborative relationships with stakeholders to ensure that content is accurate, effective and published in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the Communications and Marketing team, edits content ensuring that proper grammar rules are followed. Periodically reviews all web pages being maintained by others to see if content or graphics are outdated.
- Works with internal contacts at the campus and within the WSU system related to site development, performance, and coordination with other University web pages.
- Provides technical support for troubleshooting site issues; determines when IT services are needed to resolve problems; coordinates with IT for resolution and return of site to normal performance.
- Performs web page testing and evaluation. Tests newly designed web pages against multiple browsers and platforms to ensure design compatibility.
- Implements appropriate site analytics for measurement of traffic, user experience and other elements of a successful web site.
- Reviews and ensures that website pages and content are accessible to all visitors. Collaborates with ITS to ensure that the University meets or exceeds the expectations of all accessibility rules and policies.
- Acquires and maintains a current working knowledge of the brand standards for the web established by University Marketing and Communications and the WSU College of Medicine and adheres to those standards in web design, contacting the appropriate marketing office liaison with any questions.
30% Graphic Design and Communications
- In partnership with the College of Medicine’s Senior Graphic Designer, creates original designs and executes a variety of graphic art, design and related visual communications materials for the web.
- Prepares graphic images for use in website and maintains College of Medicine graphic identity standards.
- Gathers feedback from, and provides insights to, instructional designers on digital publishing in WordPress and other publishing platforms.
- Monitors WSU web presence and retains appropriate links and collaboration.
15% Production Management
- Coordinates with the Information Technology and Communications and Marketing offices to understand communication goals and audiences in order to plan and design effective external/internal communications and learning materials
- Applies University identity and quality standards to all media/materials to ensure conformance and continuity across platforms.
- Collaborates with Office of Communication and Marketing on maintaining archives and library of stock photos and other digital assets.
- Identifies and evaluates new activities, modifications to existing practices, and emerging technologies and software that would be in the best interest of the institution
- Provides video production/editing or other technology support assistance as needed.
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned
A Bachelor’s degree in information science or related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in web site design, development and maintenance. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, information technology, business administration, communications, public relations or related field.
Demonstrated technical expertise in web visual design, typography, navigation, and/or information architecture and usability.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and/or CMS.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of current web development and graphic design technologies, such as WordPress, Dreamweaver or equivalent, HTML, web design application, Photoshop, InDesign and/or page layout applications.
Demonstrated experience in designing and coding CSS standard-compliant web sites.
Experience with MAC OS and Windows OS.
Excellent communication skills.
Experience supervising or leading others.
Experience with social media integrations.
Demonstrated experience in managing short and long term projects.
Demonstrated experience in developing interactive features and design elements, slide shows, video, audio, RSS feeds, or other multimedia technologies.
Demonstrated experience meeting web accessibility standards.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with current publishing design technologies.
Monthly Salary: $3,637-4,689 commensurate with experience
Position Term in months: 12
City, State, Zip: Spokane, WA 99202
Department Link: Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
Background Check: This position has been designated to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date: March 12, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter . Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
The screening of applications will begin March 12, 2021 and continue until a suitable candidate has been identified.
Required Documents: Resume, Cover Letter
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com .