Cloud- and Internet-based communication and collaboration tools enable workers to perform their jobs from home. But when you’re ready to work remotely, how can you ensure you’re able to do it successfully?
FlexJobs’ LinkedIn Learning path, “Become a Successful Remote Worker” is a detailed guide to walk you through the steps to working from home. The third course, “Working Remotely,” is a five-part video to teach you how to create a productive work environment in your home, structure your day, and avoid distractions.
Working Remotely: Course Content
The chapters of this video course include:
- What Is Remote Work? (A day in the life of a remote worker and how to work remotely from home and around town)
- Successfully Working Remotely (Expectations and building rapport with colleagues)
- Remote Work Productivity (Setting goals and avoiding distractions)
- Communication and Collaboration (Tools used and managing projects)
- Excelling as a Remote Worker (Managing conflict and building culture on your remote team)
Each chapter contains a short quiz to test your knowledge on what you just learned. You can also participate in the Q&A section where you can ask questions and share knowledge with others taking the course.
Working Remotely: Course Objectives
The learning objectives for this course include:
- Defining remote work
- Working with remote colleagues
- Staying productive
- Avoiding distractions
- Communication and collaboration tools for remote work
- Succeeding as a remote worker
Getting down to the nuts and bolts of working remotely will prepare you to do it with ease and victory. FlexJobs’ LinkedIn Learning course can be your teacher and guide to successful remote working.
Photo Credit: bigstockphoto.com
Tags: job search advice
Leave a Comment
We’d love to hear your thoughts and questions. Please leave a comment below!
All fields are required.