Applications Administrator, Cloud Services
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Applications Administrator, Cloud Services
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine has been named “Innovative Law Firm of the Year” for the past two years by members of the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA).
We are looking for a highly talented technical architect to join our team in Seattle. With an emphasis on cloud technologies, this resource will participate as the subject matter expert for assigned applications and systems aiding in the design and implementation of technologies for the business. This position will also evaluate and recommend new technologies; analyze new software releases for implementation issues, including suitability to need, training, budget and other concerns.
- Partner with teammates and other coworkers to identify and resolve issues and problems, and make improvements.
- Keep your professional skills current by taking relevant training, continuing education courses, and conferences. Apply and share these skills back on the job to the betterment of the department and firm.
- Be a critical thinker; think things through before asking someone else and use the resources available to you to find information and seek answers.
- Maintain high quality standards within the team by supporting good practices and habits. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members, leadership, and other affected parties.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between IT and user community; assist in clearly defining and assessing technology needs of department and/or practice group, and document findings; recommend adjustments to maximize use of existing technologies.
- Participate on project teams and assist with coordinating firm-wide projects and implementation of new technologies; provide follow-up and resolution of post-implementation issues.
- Monitor the health and status of Cloud servers through the use of monitoring utilities.
- Specialize in specific areas of cloud & Microsoft technologies, including at least two of the following: RESTful services, WCF, Microsoft Azure, AWS, SharePoint services.
- Build new tools and automation to solve customer problems related to applications in the Cloud.
- Resolve integration challenges with AWS, GCP, Azure, and other service providers.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies; analyze new software releases for implementation issues, including suitability to need, training, budget and other concerns.
- Research creative third party solutions to problems and to enhance productivity, making effective use of vendors to provide timely progress on projects and increase user acceptance.
- Promote use of the firm’s Portal as the primary communication vehicle and source of information. Develop creative and innovative solution to better manage, organize, and provide information. Research and identify information sources that enhance the value and use of the firm’s Portal.
- Evaluate and document selected workflows, recommend changes to streamline processes and promote efficiencies using technologies; utilize in project plan development.
- Document and communicate procedural changes/updates as appropriate; foster attorney and staff support and acceptance to ensure adoption.
- Maintain awareness and adherence of security measures, policies, methods and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems, files, and firm data. Promote a culture that promotes Information Security as an integral part of IT architecture and business processes.
- Support the Security office in assessing the current IT environment, recommending & implementing security measures and practices that comply with the firm’s policies & standards.
- Keep current with legal related trends and technologies; advise management in defining projects and establishing appropriate priorities. Develop network of peers within the legal market to tap into for sharing ideas and lessons learned.
- Provide estimates and schedules on assignments; define key milestones; prepare regular status reports.
- Assist management with project related budget items.
- Assist with other special projects and/or support as required.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience working with cloud service technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML web services, required.
- Experience analyzing & implementing Database (SQL) and Web/Intranet projects skills required. Working knowledge of report writing tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services a plus.
- BA or BS degree required, major in computer science/information technology preferred; MS or MBA.
- Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies preferred.
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred.
- Experience evaluating and implementing the latest web technologies such as enterprise search solutions, SharePoint web parts/services, RSS feeds, blogs, wikis, social networking solutions, video-casting, webcasting, document assembly, forms process, workflow, etc. as well as familiarity with knowledge management concepts and tools strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong analytical, synthesis, and project management skills required.
- Must be able to translate attorney and staff needs into system requirements.
- Ability to work with a wide range of users and provide guidance in making good decisions about use of technology is required.
- Previous experience in a Windows-based wide area network environment required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills, are required.
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow-up skills are required.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed