The Chief Marketing and Strategic Communications Officer will set and guide the strategy for all communications, digital and print marketing, and community relations messages. Additionally, the Chief Marketing and Strategic Communications Officer will oversee collateral to consistently articulate Endeavors? mission. The Chief Marketing and Strategic Communications Officer will work collaboratively with senior leadership to develop and implement communication strategies to broaden the impact of Endeavors programs nationwide. The Chief Marketing and Strategic Communications Officer oversees media relations and supervises the Communications Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop and implement an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of Endeavors brand identity across San Antonio, state of Texas and other cities and states served by Endeavors.
Create a brand/marketing/public relations strategy that will allow Endeavors President & CEO, to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media, public officials and key influencers.
Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the sector and organization. Work with President & CEO to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
Brand: Manages Endeavors brand:
- Drive organization strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
On-line: Ensures a broad array of marketing and public relations through social media programs and integrated fundraising campaigns take place in a timely manner that align with and support Endeavors mission and programs:
- Implements and oversees comprehensive digital marketing and social media strategies that increase Endeavors brand visibility and build website traffic across all channels and platforms; with a focus on organic search
- Understands Endeavors target audiences for each of its programs and becomes familiar with their interests and online behaviors;
- Develops community awareness through a comprehensive digital content strategy, community events calendar, e-newsletter and other messaging techniques that build long-term engagement and loyalty;
- Work with development department to support fund development and cultivation opportunities;
- Cultivates strategic online partnerships and linking relationships that support Endeavors mission, reputation, marketing objectives and fundraising goals;
- Social Media: Ensures Communications Manager handles Endeavors presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and other platforms where the organization’s active presence is beneficial;
- Identifies and secures productive relationships with social media influencers;
- Leverages consumer insights into the acquisition and retention of new friends, followers and contributors;
- Supports and oversees Endeavors online/offline policies and procedures concerning managing and protecting Endeavors reputation and goodwill;
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders including the board of directors, and Endeavors management to ensure consistent messaging and direction;
- Oversees development of Endeavors website and uses online metrics to evaluate effectiveness of platforms, strategies and programs;
- Evaluate key findings and industry trends and make recommendations that enhance Endeavors online presence and influence goals;
- Ensures events, clients and programs are photographed on a regular basis for public use and archives appropriately.
Print Media: Oversee development of high-level collateral material including but not limited to:
a. Brochures, newsletters, Christmas cards, annual reports, flyers etc. to create compelling solutions that reach and convert new friends and followers;
b. Ensures Communications managers writes press releases, flyers, annual reports in a manner consistent with our brand;
c. Ensures consistency in all print.
a. Contact members of the media to set up interviews with company reps;
b. Work to secure radio, TV, Internet coverage;
c. Ensure that all opportunities for the CEO are fully vetted;
d. Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Communicate and coordinate priorities, workload, problems and progress to supervisor on a regular basis.
- Develop goals, priorities and timelines on a regular basis, ensuring timely and efficient management and completion of all related tasks.
- Handle other tasks as assigned by the President and CEO.
- All activities will be undertaken to the highest ethical standards.
Demonstrate exceptional customer service, in everything you do, by placing the child, family, Veteran or client first to support our mission to ?Empower people to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.?
EDUCATION: Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism or Business Administration from an accredited four-year college or university. Masters’ Degree in related field desired.
EXPERIENCE: 10 years+ related marketing, communications and community relations experience preferred. In-depth knowledge of digital media strategy in a manner that meets Endeavors strategic goals. Experience in the management of social media and knowledge of working within Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and After Effects. Knowledge of content management system (CMS) for publishing content online. Knowledgeable of web features such as page caching, RSS feeds, printable versions of pages, press releases, blogs, polls, search, and support for language internationalization. Additionally, this position requires the person:
- Management experience and experience working with various levels of constituencies.
- Be a creative thinker who continuously crafts innovative ideas and strategies to reach target audiences and achieve strategic goals.
- Stay on top of new social media trends and technologies and can execute marketing and fundraising strategies across digital, social and mobile platforms.
- Have networking capabilities and enthusiasm for meeting new people and developing trusting relationships.
- Be data driven with knowledge of social media analysis tools (i.e. Google Analytics, etc.).
- Have high sensitivity to maintaining confidentiality.
- Have strong written and verbal communications, relationship development and project management.
- Have the ability to deliver committed results on time and with high quality and effectiveness.
- Have experience with media planning and working with media agencies.
- Have advanced knowledge of multimedia and graphic design programs and social media platforms.
LICENSES: Driver’s License with clear record.
VEHICLE: Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice.
OTHER: Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required to meet business needs. Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
EXCEPTIONS TO THESE CRITERIA MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT HEAD.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of individuals. Ability to make oral presentations and write detailed grant proposals. Ability to present a professional and positive demeanor to staff, funders, officials and the general public.
COMPOSURE: Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to represent the agency and respond professionally in all situations.
COMPUTER: Proficient knowledge of current MSOffice products and donor database management software. Strong internet research skills. 45 WPM, 95% accuracy.
DECISION MAKING: Ability to think analytically, evaluate the impact of decisions and resolve problems. Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems. Ability to think analytically and conceptually on a long-term basis.
FINANCIAL: Strong math skills. Ability to develop and manage a budget and operate within its’ parameters.
MANAGEMENT: Knowledge of business and management practices involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and leadership. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Works with a bias towards action. Ability to evaluate effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
NEGOTIATION: Ability to persuade and influence others to reach optimum public relation and financial return. Ability to present the agency in a professional manner in all negotiations.
PLANNING: Ability to think long term; to make development plans up to a year or more in advance. Ability to seek out and develop relationships that can lead to long term results.
TECHNICAL: Knowledge of best practices in fundraising, grant writing, planning giving, and capital campaigns.
Orientation: 5 hours
On the Job: 6 months for basic competency
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, WORK AIDS:
Multi-line telephone, computer, ten key calculator, printers, copiers, faxes.
- Constant – Ability to communicate with staff, funders, community leaders, and high-profile individuals to promote the agency and solicit funding.
- Constant – Ability to make notes, input data, complete paperwork, produce reports.
- Frequent – Ability to drive safely and recognize hazards.
- Occasional – Ability to lift, stack, load and move up to 10 pounds from varied heights.
Indoors: 75 % – Office environment; generally normal noise level.
Outdoors: 25 % – All weather conditions and variable temperatures.
RELATION TO OTHER JOBS:
REPORTS TO: President/Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISES: Marketing and Communications team